• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M38 Sale on GSA, 63 years of Gov't Service

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Almost unbelievable, after 63 years of service to our gov't, first with the military and later with the US Fish and Wildlife Service, this amazing Jeep was sold today for $6374 in original running condition. In my opinion the rarest thing sold on GSA in a long long time. I wish more gov't agencies would care for their equipment like this branch did with this Jeep.

Attachments

bikeman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks for this, I saw this on the site but forgot to tag and follow it. I think it's amazing the condition of this considering the age.

oboyjohn

That has got to be one of the longest in-service life of any military vehicle out there. Even some navel ships have had shorter service life.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
That's pretty amazing to say the least. Imagine all the things it's done in it's service. Granted, most of it was sitting around or meaningless. But think of all the people that have interacted with it.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks