• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Paramount water truck

DavidWymore

Might pick this up if I can get it cheap for deuce parts, or it's a pretty decent water truck.

66 Kaiser, don't think it ever made it to the military. LD 465 (with 427 oil filler), don't think the trans is OD of the dash shift pattern tag is correct, is not the OD trans shifter.

Civvy exhaust stack behind cab, round fuel tank, weird dual master cyl air over hyd brakes outside frame.

I'd like to see more mil trucks in civvy service. I thought it was cool how many things jeeps were adapted to years ago. Plows, sawmills, etc.

Speaking of jeeps, nice old Willys Wagon in the same barn...

Last edited:

DavidWymore

Wow, is that lift blocks on the front axle!? Yeow
They're horrid. 2"x3" angle welded together. 20,000 pounds of water...this truck is my deuce's cousin, cept mine was mil and not so fooled with. Same frame reinforcements, 3" angle. Same thick spring packs, except the pack is tapered on one side on this one and not the other, the leaves are all full length.

Last edited:

DavidWymore

Civvy square air cleaner box outside hood. Fiberglass flip front (nice for working on it) 'glass complete roof and windshield frame.

Sorry pics are horrible...bad light and in a hurry.

The non OD trans...are the lower gear ratios different too and better for "rock crawling"? Maybe use that trans and change fifth to the tall OD.

silverstate55

Unemployable
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Looks like a 5-ton converted to civvy use with the new windshields, fiberglass top & flip hood, etc... I've seen a few around the the southwest like this.

Interesting, the first photo appears to be a 5-ton, but the photos clearly show a Deuce dataplate. And if you look closely you can see the original hole for the 3-lever light switch blanked over for the new key start & pull knob. Looks like the brake pedal assembly has also been changed out.

Very interesting, if the price is right that truck would be worth picking up.

Last edited:

DavidWymore

Sorry, forgot to mention first pic is off the interwebs because I didn't get a pic of the whole truck, that is a five, this is a deuce, but the round fuel tank, fiberglass is all the same. I guess Paramount used to be popular but there is very little info that I could find online. If i can get it cheap I will.

Thanks

Last edited:

DavidWymore

It was working every day, driving all over the valley until they quit cleaning tile lines 3 years ago, so it's probably a decent water truck.

silverstate55

Unemployable
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Interesting nonetheless...if the price is right, it might be worth jumping on. Plus you could sell the water tank & accessories if you chose, you'd probably cover most of the cost of the overall truck purchase that way, and have some cash to get tires, cargo bed, etc...

DavidWymore

Gonna recover it Saturday. Hasn't run in three years. Think I should pull the plug on top of the plunger and soak it with something to loosen it before I crank it? Been sitting in a hot barn in a hot desert.

Thanks

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks