• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

CUCV as a Daily Driver?

Is your daily driver a steel solider?

• Total voters

glaser06

MV as a Daily Driver?

Anyone else here use their MV as a DD? I get lots of looks from folks, esp when I tell them I drive my CUCV from Atlanta to New Orleans or Texas in mine.

Never have problems finding where I parked though...

Last edited:

ODFever

Madness Takes Its Toll...
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I drive my M1009 when I need diesel therapy. That works out to about every 2-4 days depending on how crazy the week is and how badly I need the soothing rumble of that 6.2L.
:driver:

infidel got me

I drive my M1009 when I need diesel therapy. That works out to about every 2-4 days depending on how crazy the week is and how badly I need the soothing rumble of that 6.2L.
:driver:
I like diesel therapy, I also attend sessions, but mine is on a larger scale -5 ton. Maybe soon I will be partially cured and can get my fix from a m1009.

I could easily swap my expedition for a cucv daily driver, guess i'll start looking, I am feeling better lately -- lol

will

ODFever

Madness Takes Its Toll...
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You are definitely not alone. I'm thankful we can celebrate each other's success and commiserate with each other's misfortunes here on SS. This truly is the best home on the Web for those afflicted with OD Fever!
:jumpin: [thumbzup]

Al Harvey

Years ago the only diesel I had was the old family tractor. Then we got our first military vehicle, a M151A2. Well that started the down fall and now the only civilian vehicles I have left are my dually for long hauls and the wife's daily driver (though she says she wants the M1010 for her DD). Everyone around here is use to seeing my M1009 with desert storm markings. I even get people stopping in at stores just to talk to me since they saw the blazer out front.

Keith_J

We are down a car now after son #2 got his rear ended and totaled. So I drive my 1031 daily. It also helps that I do little jobs after work, mostly welding. All my gear plus power for the welder in the SECM.

I drive the back roads when possible, 35 MPH is just fine. The air conditioning install was a massive help.

CUCVLOVER

My m1008 is my first truck.
Also my only road legal ride. So yes when I do get to drive I take the 08 or nothing,.
So it is my and will be my daily driver, I just love the super stiff ride, that rumbling 6.2 and the feel of an old pick up, With no ac and the windows down.

Also SS is th best place to learn and talk about this addiction.

glaser06

We are down a car now after son #2 got his rear ended and totaled. So I drive my 1031 daily. It also helps that I do little jobs after work, mostly welding. All my gear plus power for the welder in the SECM.

I drive the back roads when possible, 35 MPH is just fine. The air conditioning install was a massive help.
What setup did you use for A/C? I've often thought about it on mid-summer days in the South, but I never really looked into it...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks