• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

3 color camo

ah1955

Fig. 47 from TM43-0229 has a 3 color camo pattern and I was wondering how that would look with the green, brown and black colors. And if so which colors would go with which numbers on the pattern in the TM. I looked and didn't see any charts or any listing that would apply, did I miss something or am I looking at the wrong place.

Jones

For the three color patterns; -1- denotes the black areas, -2- denotes green areas, and -3- denotes the brown. (Same manual, Page 35 tucked in the midst of the illustrations)

ah1955

Jones:
Thanks for the reply, I figured that the info would have been there I just wasn't seeing it. Not going for an exact perfect by the book job, but need a guide so not to end up all hodge podge and looking like someone just went nuts with a paint brush.

Jones

Yeah, for some reason they only post the color scheme legend that one place and it's easy to miss. As far as a by the book rendering-- all the manuals tell you that the pattern is just a guide. I think there are only a handful of patterns that specify particular dimensions on the lay out and on them it's more of a starting point for the rest of a given area.
Relative pattern size to vehicle makes a for good job or makes it look amateurish. i.e. Jeep pattern on a Deuce or HEMTT pattern on an M-880 wouldn't be 'to scale'. Paying attention to 'wrap' is important too. Making sure the pattern sections meet their companions; say when you rotate from an end view to the side, or side view to overhead. The book will remind you of this.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks