• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

USAF MA-1A Air Start Cart

airmech3839

I am looking for TM's for a Turbine powered compressor Model Number "USAF MA-1A". We have acquired a unit that was previously running but has been dormant for at least a year. I am looking for any manuals that could help give us a hand in restoring this fine piece of equipment.

Thanks,

Tracy

soconnoriv

View attachment 711101
Hope this helps you out!
Hey that's awesome. I've been searching for months and saw that you posted this a few weeks ago. It seems to be an earlier model but still very similar to the one we have.

Just finished replacing a cracked oil cooler on mine. Planning on getting the unit back on the trailer and running it in a week or two.

I have a separate thread going over some of the issues I've had over the past couple of months. I plan on updating it further once I get it running.

Thanks again for the download link. I think it's the only one available on the internet for now.

soconnoriv

I am looking for TM's for a Turbine powered compressor Model Number "USAF MA-1A". We have acquired a unit that was previously running but has been dormant for at least a year. I am looking for any manuals that could help give us a hand in restoring this fine piece of equipment.

Thanks,

Tracy
Hey there, I have one myself that I'm looking to get rid of.

It starts but hangs and won't spool past 50%. Once the centrifugal switch kicks off the starter, it struggles to spool and ends up hanging.

My first intention was to replace the turbine wheel, as mine is worn pretty bad. After looking around, they are too costly for me to replace and get involved with.

Wasn't sure if you're interested or not. If not, do you know anybody that is looking for one to fix up? Thanks.

-Steve.

svan66

Soconnoriv, Do you still have your MA1A? I need a Fuel control, Trying to get one back in service, had a very rusty fuel tank which contaminated the Fuel Control/pump.
Thanks,
Scott

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks