• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Waterproof distributor

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I ordered some water proof spark plug wires and the rubber cover stops about 1 1/2" from the 90 degree ends.

The braided steel is exposed from there.

Will they still be water proof? They are NOS.

Thanks
Yes, the orange rubber inside the braid provides the seal. M38A1s are not supposed to have 90 deg ends, you were sold wrong parts.

dodjh

Yes, the orange rubber inside the braid provides the seal. M38A1s are not supposed to have 90 deg ends, you were sold wrong parts.
OH OH thanks for letting me know. They were for M38 but were suppose to work on the M38A1 also. Does the change of angle cause problems with the sparks performance?

Thanks

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
OH OH thanks for letting me know. They were for M38 but were suppose to work on the M38A1 also. Does the change of angle cause problems with the sparks performance?

Thanks
No, electricity does not care about making turns. I was under the impression that the M38 wires were too short for the A1.

dodjh

No, electricity does not care about making turns. I was under the impression that the M38 wires were too short for the A1.

I bought them from Surplus Army Warehouse and he told me he was sure three would work but thought the 4th might be short...back plug.

All 4 fit though....very little slack. He told me I could buy 0ne or as many as I liked and could return one or as many that I didn't want.

Real good people to work with.

dodjh

My M38A1 didn't come w/ the water proof plug wires and WP distributor. It does have the metal shields where the wiring connects to one another.

Would that mean I wouldn't have the ventilation system for crankcase, transmission, TC, valve cover and brake system?
Also the vacuum for the distributor to keep out the ionized air?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks