• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Official '15 Ga. Rally Info thread

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Might be cool this time. Bring tires to burn. Wait, did Larry say ghetto? Scrap the tires, bring police cars to burn.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Might be cool this time. Bring tires to burn. Wait, did Larry say ghetto? Scrap the tires, bring police cars to burn.
I'll have my guys deliver a couple of wrecked police cars to burn. Between CPD, Sheriff, and Marshal Departments they seem to wreck about 3 a month!:clinto:

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Before you get all 'fired up' (pun intended), better look into the Georgia Regulations on open fires. Anything larger than a small cooking fire has to have a permit, approved 30 days in advance. You want a bonfire, get your paperwork in first!

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Define small as it relates to this. A similar law exists where I live. My solution was a K40 antenna whip and a hotdog. Any time I have a fire, I put a hotdog on that whip and stab it into the ground several feet from the fire. When FD responds, I politely point to the hotdog I'm slowmcooking. FD has given up, they don't even come out any more.

Swamp Donkey

The Engineer
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Since this is my first year, I took the first cabin available to me. I got cabin #M923....

20150504_193250.jpg

If it decides to rain I'll just stay in "the hood". :-D

20150420_175217.jpg

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Is the tee pee (73m819s hooch) still standing ? If so I need to finish painting it as well adding "other" upgrades.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Is the tee pee (73m819s hooch) still standing ? If so I need to finish painting it as well adding "other" upgrades.
This picture was taken March 25th, 2015.

20150325_172415.jpg

CUCVLOVER

So ive been reading but.....
I've never been so what advice/tips do y'all have for a neebie
I'll probably bring my m1008, jeep, maybe a 1993 Honda 300 fourtrax. I have plenty of chain, tow straps, and by time of the rally everything should have it's own winch. I may stay in my camper, or one of the cabins I'm not sure yet.
Basically I need all the info I can get on this event.

Thank you all.

Tinwoodsman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Take the time to read and digest the thread and past references. It will pay dividends. One thing for sure, you will keep coming back. :p

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The mosquito farming pits are still there.

I'm going to need a 55 gallon of DEET.

Tow4

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The mosquito farming pits are still there.
I'm going to need a 55 gallon of DEET.
Mosquitoes aren't so bad, it's the red bugs and ticks that are really annoying.

DEET, don't go anywhere in the south without it!

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
I would go around and treat the fire ants on D-1 or 2 and that would help curtail those things. Some Clorox got 'accidentally' dropped in some strategic spots at another time. It helps but it's got to be done a few days ahead and preferably 2 weeks out and then a few days out.

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes, I brought a bunch of Chlorox with me and had Gimpy distribute it. Clinto brought a spreader and Amdro and I laid it down over the entire area around the command/registration/MKT spots. He brought enough to lay down about 150x20 of it.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks