• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Will a F250 4x4 desel tow a M1079 ?

Gunzy

Tow? Yes. Stop? Probably not. Play it safe and tow it with the proper rig. If something happens are you OK with loosing everything you own and may ever own?

ke5eua

I pulled my M750 trailer with my F450. Did it do it, yes. Did it do it safely, NO!

Flat towing the 1079 with a 250 is asking for trouble, not to mention IP/GP will not let you off the site with that setup. If you did manage to leave the site it's a guarantee the MP's will stop you before you make it out the gate.

Sorry I haven't gotten back with you. Been swamped with VA appts.

The hitch of the 250 is a class 4/5 2", not rated for the dry weight of the 1079. When you stop you will have the full weight of the 1079 pushing the 250. The engine is capable, it's the brakes, frame, everything else that isn't.

Don't do it. I was going to flat tow a deuce /w shop van body with my 450 and glad I didn't. I know the truck would stop it as I've been in similar situations where hauling heavy and lost trailer brakes, it's just a matter of safety.

m109a2

There are so many things that can happen.I was going down the rosd and three ileagals saw us army on my deuce and thought that they could get a check well they did there was nowhere to take a right or left but as soon as they passed me they slammed the brakes on.to avoid killing the mutts I put my deuce and command center in the ditch.Of cource they got out and said no English no I.D.that cost me 1800.00 to get my truck home

1951M1078

And I thought you guys would give me a hard time ! Well at least the F250 comes in at #8000 ! LOL

Michael, is their a better place ? I'm just using the net. Or is it one of those towns that love the base but hate what is inside ?

Hade some of that in Germany. They loved our money but hated the GI's.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks