• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Where to get M35 Winch "kits"

rockman

Sam Winers in Akron Ohio as well as Adlemans in Canton Ohio have them. Eastern Surplus advertises them.

I bought a residue truck with one and sold the other parts.

Winches are easy, PTO and shafts can be tougher to scrounge...

Bill

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I would also try Sam Werner AKA Ottocraft in Tracy CIty TN. He had a bunck strapped to the pallet a while back. Thought you had everything for the winch install?

jimm1009

Bumping this up 11 years or so. Same question but from the future. lol
Have an M35 wo/w and want to make it w/w.
Will need whole kit.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Bumping this up 11 years or so. Same question but from the future. lol
Have an M35 wo/w and want to make it w/w.
Will need whole kit.
There is an Australian company called Sherpa 4x4, some of us have gotten winches from. They are electric 24v but they are reasonably priced at around $1100 shipped for a 25,000lb electric winch. They also have 15,000lb ones too. For the price its almost not worth all the effort and hassle to install a winch on the 5 ton trucks with all the hydraulics. Older deuce may be easier though.

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It's gonna be salty, but you could always try EASTERN SURPLUS in PA. I would bet they have winch kits. I used to pay $1000/kit, but I think those days are gone. I got one from Rich Greene in PA, who is now deceased; he was a great guy.

Nomad1

Just my 2 cent In most cases an electric winch just doesn't have the capabilities that the hydraulic or mechanical do. Maybe eazier 2 use but.....

montaillou

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you want a stock winch, you might also check with Idaho Motor Pool, I know they've had them in the past.

sidewinder770

Seems like most places want $1500 or more for the stock PTO winch. If I could find a stock one for $1000 or less I'd probably do that. I think I'm leaning towards the Sherpa 25000lb electric winch. More capacity is good and I won't be using it for long duty cycles. Probably end up be close to $1400 by the time I fab a mounting plate and get longer battery cables, snatch block, winch cover,etc but I think that's the best way to go for me. Should work fine for pulling the duece out or tree stumps, etc.

Grond

I am heavily considering a sherpa myself curious if anyone has put on to use with a MV yet? mounting? did you run straight to the battery pack? I would love to see some set ups if any of you guys have em?

jimm1009

Slightly off topic but close. How about a new winch cable? Mine is who knows how old and I have a 10 year old out of overhaul winch that I want to replace my really tired one with. I do however not want to put this old, nasty cable on my new-to-me winch. Am going to start pulling trees and other stuff and want
one that will work for several years. Jim

gringeltaube

Staff Member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Slightly off topic but close. How about a new winch cable? Mine is who knows how old and I have a 10 year old out of overhaul winch that I want to replace my really tired one with. I do however not want to put this old, nasty cable on my new-to-me winch. Am going to start pulling trees and other stuff and want
one that will work for several years. Jim

sidewinder770

I've been thinking about getting a Sherpa 25k winch as well. Now that the weather is getting better I think I'll order it. I plan to use a "stock" winch mounting plate and beef it up since most are only rated to 12k. Will need to fabricate the end plates to use the factory winch mount holes on the truck so that should be fun. I was going to get longer and heavier gauge wire as well since you will need more than the 6 feet they give you.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks