• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Looking for a Swingfire Heater 24V Power cable

TiredIron

We've got a 404 Radio Truck with the Swingfire Heater....but no power cord to try and fire it up. Does anyone know a source for these cords....or have a extra they'd sell??
Thanks
Gents

Tirediron

TiredIron

Robb,
We have the Unimog truck and the Heater....just need the cord that connects 24V from the truck to the back of the Swingfire heater itself. I don't know of any controller needed. The cords I have seen are usually white and have a connector on each end.
Thanks for your help.
TiredIron

Scar59

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Find two cords, I have 3 swingfires and no cords, hardest part that I've searched for. Gave up a while ago. Even tried to find the connectors and fab the cord myself. I think the Germans only made, like 9 of those cords.
JC

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
My bad, I was thinking of the Southwind "salamander" style heater. Your talking about one of those pulse-jet heaters that looks like a machine gun.

rosco

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have noticed that the Vendor "BeltFed" on the popular E Auction site, always has an assortment of Military type power cords & wire harnesses, if you can identify the plug ends.

Good Luck

tennmogger

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That plug is a standard John Deere part, believe it or not. Check with your local dealer. I will try to find the p/n when back to my computer. The same plug and socket is used by BMW cycles, too.

Two plugs and some wire and you have a cable.

Edit. One source is Expedition Imports. Search for their p/n AUXPLGMALE. About 7 bucks each.

edit again: John Deere part number RE11344

Last edited:

Scar59

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That plug is a standard John Deere part, believe it or not. Check with your local dealer. I will try to find the p/n when back to my computer. The same plug and socket is used by BMW cycles, too.

Two plugs and some wire and you have a cable.

Edit. One source is Expedition Imports. Search for their p/n AUXPLGMALE. About 7 bucks each.
Tenn,
Thanks for the connection, ordered 2ea. Maybe a little closer to fire one of these heaters up.
JC

tennmogger

Steel Soldiers Supporter
When I lived in Denver I used the Swingfire heater a lot, having the original installation in a 404 Unimog radio box. Having hot fresh air heat available when the snow and wind were swirling outside was wonderful. The heat exchanger provides dry heat, too, not steaming up the inside of the box like propane/catalytic does. But when that thing quits at 0213 in the AM and you have to go outside to restart it, you won't like it much, ha ha.

The joke was that by the time you pumped that handle long enough to start the heater, you were no longer cold.

I have a couple of those heaters I really need to referbish. The fuel evaporated from them over the years and they are nasty.

Good luck with yours.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks