• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

LMTV pulling a Gooseneck

wehring

Decided to equip the LMTV to pull a gooseneck. Will have trailer brakes and lights. More to come.

Pulled the receiver hitch out of the frame section and prepping it for the cody hitch I use in my F350. More to come this weekend.

Justin Wehring
979 997 3112

wehring

No, M1078 4x4

The B&W hitch arrived today. Will weld it on tomorrow and hook it up. More pics to come. Figured electric trailer brakes out today.

Justin Wehring
979 997 3112

wehring

hitch is ready for paint

The gooseneck hitch is welded on the receiver of the LMTV. Ready for paint and installation. More pics to come with trailer hooked up.

Justin Wehring

Attachments

wehring

done

OK folks here it is. I use a cody hitch soft gooseneck hitch in my F350. That is the airbag device in the hitch. The grey offset gooseneck hitch is needed to get the tongue away from the bed. There is a pic of the normal tongue on the ball and it is only inches away from the bed. One good hill and it will make contact. The offset adds 10" to the clearance. I can jack-knife the trailer to more than 90* and still clear the bed. The LMTV turns sharper than my F350 so this package appears that it will be more maneuverable than my pickup truck!!

Loaded the M114 and the bed over the tires dropped 1" the hitch dropped 2"

Justin Wehring
979 997 3112

Attachments

Last edited:

RedBlok

Thanks for sharing. I love the ideal of using a 1078 to tow. My old F150 is having issues pulling my 18 foot trailer when loaded with my tractor. I really need a F250 or F350. It would be nice to find a 1078 for auction at a good price instead of buying a regular pickup.

Does the 1078 have Airbrakes, if so how did you get the 1078;s airbrakes to work with the trailers electronic brakes (assuming they are electric) ?

Thanks and very nice work

wehring

Wired in a third plug. The truck already has a 24v mil plug and a 12v commercial plug. Spliced into the 12v side and added a 7 way plug and e-brake controller.

Justin Wehring

dawico

I was thinking of doing something similiar with my 923a2. Glad to see that I am not the first to cross the bridge.

I have a buddy that has a similiar set up on his dump truck to pull a gooseneck trailer. He went with a longer receiver hitch instead of the offset hitch though.

Very well done sir. Looks great.

Strong50

Hey Justin. How did you wire in the E-brake controller. I just fabricated a gooseneck hitch and all my trailers except for a couple pintle hooks have electric breaks. I've searched the site and several post have talked about a break controller, just not sure how to hook it up? Thank you

Last edited:

Ohiobenz

Supporting Vendor
I read this thread, post a comment, and this shows up when I do a google search for a miniature spur gear....

Screenshot_20181114-210123_Facebook.jpg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks