• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M939 low air switch.

maccus

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Does the switch you got close its contacts at 60 PSI ? I would not solder wires to the existing contacts as you might melt the plastic. Causing a leak or just a bad contact. Use the correct wire connectors on the switch and a couple of short wires with Packard connectors on them.

I have replaced 3 of the switches like the one you have pictured with the pigtails. They all developed an air leak in the plastic area. Bad design I think.

Last edited:

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ok got around to getting the low air switch up and in. Just put the ends on the old wire and plug and play. Working as it should and yes it closes around sixty and opens below that. The switch is a N/0 switch so it will be open when there is air below 60psi. As said I got it at a hole in the wall truck parts place and there # was XFL FSC17491907 switch N/O. Don't know if that number will work anywhere else but a phone call to any truck parts place should carry a low air switch for around 10 bucks. Much better the 50 bucks.

Attachments

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yea working well enough for me. Yea I finished off after making the connection with liquid electric tape to seal the connection.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks