• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

GovPlanet RESTRICTIONS & Updates

redrustyhill

So, you paid AAA Towing to tow a non-running vehicle, in their yard, to your truck. I've been at AAA Towing, I have offered load out assistance at. Ft. Bragg and surrounding areas for the past 6 months. And you're mad at GP? GP subcontracted to AAA Towing. GP does NOT run AAA towing. GP is not there during any portion of the pickup, AAA Towing is. IF you have an issue with how AAA towing did something, you need to notify GP.
I don't see where anything was said about AAA.

Doug Roberts

GP has been fair with me I think. I went to pickup a trailer and they damaged it with a forklift before I got there. I told Felix I was leaving it , and they refunded me in a few days. I contact both headquarters and then the site manager to schedule , have everyone involved.

gavland

So, you paid AAA Towing to tow a non-running vehicle, in their yard, to your truck. I've been at AAA Towing, I have offered load out assistance at. Ft. Bragg and surrounding areas for the past 6 months. And you're mad at GP? GP subcontracted to AAA Towing. GP does NOT run AAA towing. GP is not there during any portion of the pickup, AAA Towing is. IF you have an issue with how AAA towing did something, you need to notify GP.
I have no clue what AAA is other than a towing company that helps people that are broke down!!!!
my driver was going to tow the truck himself (like I have my self 2 times, once in Ohio base and in Delaware)
as far as I know they were Govplanet people that WOULDNT let my driver in the area the trucks are at!! not military. and not on a base.

bikeman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have no clue what AAA is other than a towing company that helps people that are broke down!!!!
my driver was going to tow the truck himself (like I have my self 2 times, once in Ohio base and in Delaware)
as far as I know they were Govplanet people that WOULDNT let my driver in the area the trucks are at!! not military. and not on a base.
Then it was AAA towing. I would bet money in Vegas they are not getting their contract renewed after GP gets the stuff out of their lots. There are 3 GP personnel, they only work on Bragg when they are here. the people your driver dealt with were not GP, they were AAA.

Jwade

Supporting Vendor
Bikeman is correct it would have been AAA towing but there is no reason they shouldn't have let you get your truck with the proper release paperwork. I got the item number in the PM and will get CS manager to reach out to you.

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
I had AAA tow a non running LMTV out of Bragg for me a few months ago. They busted up the back lights and gladhands, dragged it on the tires and put flat spots on them and then charged me to do work on it that they didnt do. I would never use them for anything again.

Jwade

Supporting Vendor
I had AAA tow a non running LMTV out of Bragg for me a few months ago. They busted up the back lights and gladhands, dragged it on the tires and put flat spots on them and then charged me to do work on it that they didnt do. I would never use them for anything again.
Yeah we haven't had much luck with them, I don't believe we will be sending anything else there for storage

Yeah we haven't had much luck with them, I don't believe we will be sending anything else there for storage
This makes me feel all warm and fuzzy. My EUC should clear soon and this is where my truck is. I'm in CO and won't be there when my transport picks it up. I imagine it is going to turn into a huge #*%! show.

Jwade

Supporting Vendor
This makes me feel all warm and fuzzy. My EUC should clear soon and this is where my truck is. I'm in CO and won't be there when my transport picks it up. I imagine it is going to turn into a huge #*%! show.
You should be fine. Just make sure you talk to customer service when you schedule pickup. This hasn't been the norm we are keeping a close eye on what is there now, we should keep them in line.

Landbarger

I've had three experiences with GP, and all of them have been pretty positive. Two trailers from NNSY in Portsmouth, VA and one M929 from Scottsburg, VA (an non-base gravel lot owned by a logging company). A little slow on Title generation, but other than that I haven't have any complaints. Well, on second thought...I could complain about VeriTread but I don't think that's directly the fault of anyone at GP.

Sucks to hear about the new restrictions, particularly the 8 day removal period. It can be tough getting off of work or scheduling a pickup. Here's hoping they enforce it selectively and only crack down on the abusers.

bikeman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
My availability is still open. Let me know who your shipper is, and I can arrange to be there to assist/supervise.

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
I can vouch for Eric (bikeman) he helped me a lot with a pickup. I don't think there will be any issues with trucks sitting at AAA. Just don't ask them to help or do anything with the truck.

Overdrive

I have talked with GP reps about a half dozen times now with various noob questions and I can report that they have always been very helpful and understanding of my questions. I got the lowdown on Ft. Campbell, KY GP pickup days and times as well as what equipment is there for loading assistance. So far so good on helpfulness.

Hermannator

Won a bid yesterday on an LMTV M1078. I believe there is only one DLA site in El Paso but I can't get the Gov Planet folks to give me the pickup site address so I can make a decision about picking the item up myself or using their carrier. I have read the issues with not being available and i am doing my best to avoid all of that ahead of time. I spoke to the DLA folks and they told me the GP rep isn't around very much. Will see how hard thi is to make happen in time.

Hermannator

What a difference 24 hours makes and a huge Thanks to the members on this forum that have helped point me in the correct direction. I called Ft Bliss directly and got a GL rep on phone. The GL rep put me in touch with the DLA person at Fort Bliss. She was kind enough to give me contact jnfo for local GovPlanet rep (which the GP customer service wouldnt ) . The GP rep at Ft Bliss was incredibly helpful and it seems that this may happen without a lot of a__ pain and help from members . Thank you Steel Soldiers.

Jwade

Supporting Vendor
What a difference 24 hours makes and a huge Thanks to the members on this forum that have helped point me in the correct direction. I called Ft Bliss directly and got a GL rep on phone. The GL rep put me in touch with the DLA person at Fort Bliss. She was kind enough to give me contact jnfo for local GovPlanet rep (which the GP customer service wouldnt ) . The GP rep at Ft Bliss was incredibly helpful and it seems that this may happen without a lot of a__ pain and help from members . Thank you Steel Soldiers.
Do you know which customer service rep you spoke with? Certain POC's prefer them to handle the calls for them so they were probably just doing as instructed by the POC. But I am still curious.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks