• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1009 Fuel Tank and Sending Unit

stationjj

I have a few questions concerning the fuel tank and sending unit for a M1009. I recently had fuel starving issues and power lose. I hope I have issues fixed with electric fuel pump replacement? At some point I need to drop the tank. A future project, and I want to prepare for that time.

I am confused about fuel tank size. The CUCV has a 27 gallon tank. Rock Auto and LMC list a 25 and 31 gallon. I am guessing the 25 gallon is the same as the 27 on my truck now? The 31 gallon is a upgrade?

The sender unit is a 3 outlet correct?

Rock Auto seems to have better pricing than LMC. Rock Auto offers the Spectra and Dorman. I prefer non-china made parts. Should I buy Spectra and avoid Dorman?

Thank You

combatmech

When I changed my tank, ended up replacing it with a 31 gallon tank from LMC.
I was concerned about clearance around the skid plate. The 31 gallon tank will fit.
You might also get some extra rear bumper hardware. I had to cut most of mine off. LMC carries those as well.
If I remember correctly, the three outlet is the correct unit.

As far as which brand to get.... Didn't have any problems with the stuff I got from LMC.

combatmech

When I changed my tank, ended up replacing it with a 31 gallon tank from LMC.
I was concerned about clearance around the skid plate. The 31 gallon tank will fit.
You might also get some extra rear bumper hardware. I had to cut most of mine off. LMC carries those as well.
If I remember correctly, the three outlet is the right unit.

Sligert

I have a 1985 m1008 k5 blazer and my sending unit is giving me a 105ohm reading when empty and full, thinking of replacing the sending unit and tank aswell to match the 31gal size parts. Wondering if the original tank sizes actually were 27gal, thanks

cucvrus

27 gallon is the stock OEM fuel capacity of the CUCV M1009 fuel tank. I don't know anything about ohms and any other readings from the sending unit. But yes you would have to match the 27 gallon sending unit to the 27 gallon tank and the 31 gallon sending unit to the 31 gallon tank. Will the fuel tank skid plate still fit and function properly on the 31 gallon tank? Just asking. I would never do that for 4 gallons difference. That will require straps also I am assuming. Have a Great Day. Good Luck.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks