• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Fording Kit Adjustments

Cdub

On my M925A1 with the NHC-250 she has a fording kit that went FUBR with the MWO back in 1997 and was well as when the In-Frame Engine Overhaul was done.

There are two quarter turning ball valves which control the pressurizing of certain components.

Valve ONE goes to the engine vent tube and valve TWO is the air supply line. It's my belief that when the air supply valve is closed (2) that the vent tube (1) is open to allow venting of the engine and when the cable in the cab is pulled out the air supply valve (2) opens and the vent tube valve (1) closes to allow air to supply the air lines.

When I push the fording cable back in the air supply is closed and the vent tube re opens allowing the engine to breath and the air pressure to be released through the vent tube.

It is only my best guess that this is the way it should work as well as how all the linkage and cable routing is connected. I think by hooking up the cable this way it doesn't bind up and be to close to the bracket.

The Air regulator was turned all the way down at first and not allowing any air to pass through. How much air should be supplied to the system.

Also I think the PS pump was changed at some point and is not hooked up the the Fording Kit system. I included a pic of the pump if anyone can tell me what it belongs to...??

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks