• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

deuce engine swap

mucekok

now that i've been edumucated on how to post multiple pics i thought i'd show y'all some of my engine swap. the original engine had a dead miss, and rather than fix it i took my chances with an engine i won on a GL auction. i was the lucky one that bought this engine for $310 plus the normal auction fee. so for $341 this is what i got. took me 5 hours to do the swap by myself from drive in to drive out. a few days later i swapped in a whistler turbo and turned up the pump. running great, but i have no pics of the maiden voyages. no worries, i will get some.

Attachments

mucekok

makes it easy when u have a 75x50 tilt wall shop with a 5-ton overhead crane! just wish it was my shop. i happen to have one of those cool jobs where i get to use the shop for my own stuff whenever i want. the 5-ton sky hook picks up the front or my big deuce without straining... made it that much easier to replace front wheel bearings.

mcv1964

makes it easy when u have a 75x50 tilt wall shop with a 5-ton overhead crane! just wish it was my shop. i happen to have one of those cool jobs where i get to use the shop for my own stuff whenever i want. the 5-ton sky hook picks up the front or my big deuce without straining... made it that much easier to replace front wheel bearings.
I want you as my friend!....lol!:whistle:

Nomadic

That engine looks practically brand new. Sounds like a deal. Love those big ass tires. Looking good.

cattlerepairman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
For $310 or whatever superb deal you got on this multi, the most economical decision is indeed to swap engines. When I added up the cost of parts for my LDS engine refresh, ignoring labour hours, I could have bought a government rebuilt engine at the current retail going rate ....
Now that I think of it, in that case I could also blame unknown soldier X in case the engine self-destructs down the road!

winfred

only 5 of the 6 pistons are being useful, could be many things some of which are terminal and others are simple thats inhibiting combustification from occurring at the appropriate time among the 153624 sequence of suck squeeze bang blow

I do have one question, what is a dead miss?
Seeing as this thread is 11 years old, I may not get the OP's take on it.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks