• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

I have joined the Goat herd

combat32

Wound up with 4 extra tires, two of which are good, that gives me a full set plus 1 , still might be interested in a couple of yours when you get them.

combat32

I got the trusses, or most of a set with this truck but no braces. Are their any out there anywhere? I plan on carrying a spare but it would make a neat demonstration at shows and stuff, anyone here ever try them out? If so how did that go? Guess it would be like driving a really long truck with a big turn radius.:lol:

Attachments

Last edited:

m38inmaine

I have two sets of the trusses NOS in the boxes, one set pictured. I thought I had the complete outfit but it looks like I am missing the brace. Thanks for posting this. More stuff to try and find.

Attachments

m38inmaine

I found an ad on another MV site where a guy was selling a NOS center console. He had no offers and I offered to buy it and as it turns out he had original manuals, a NOS jack, NOS truss sets and a few other small items that turned out to be for something else. I bought all of it, he found it all in a storage building he was cleaning out on a new property. The NOS center console will spruce up the goat when I go to put it back together as it has all new boots and data tags/decals.

This deal would have not been possible if I had not had a fedex account. A lot of people don't want to ship items, this is where having the ability to send a call tag pays off. Once I told him they would pick it up at his door with a pre printed label all was good. It costs nothing to have an account and has paid off multiple times for me.

Last edited:

combat32

Made some progress here as well. No pics as I was working alone and upside down in the drivers hole! My truck's clutch brake and accelerator pedals were pretty much stuck. In fact the accelerator would not move at all. So I robbed one off the parts truck and lubed everything while I was in there. I have found that a 1/4 inch piece of plywood laid on the floor makes things better. I go in headfirst and then roll over, it is tight but doable, it would probably make a great picture.

combat32

Got some little stuff done today even though it is around 100 here and feels like 112!

I picked up an original Donaldson air filter in decent shape, got it washed and cleaned up. Installed air restriction line and sort of organized my growing pile of spare parts.

And preparing to pull the engine, that will be my next big task.

Last edited:

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well it took a while but finally got my gantry crane, hope to have the engine out next week, then teardown and see whats what.
Nice rig, that should pluck the engine out with ease. I'll probably enlist the help of a local tractor to pull mine.
I'm still hoping not to have to pull mine but we'll see. Worse case scenario is I know someone with a M936.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks