• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

I have joined the Goat herd

combat32

We be wrecker poor here;-)but that would have been my first choice. I pulled a lot of 113, and Bradley pacs with an 816 back in the day.

frank8003

In Memorial
In Memorial
Tryin to hire someone to do some welding for me, it's like pulling teeth, can't find anyone who wants to work!
Find someone to replace baseboards, hand dig a hole, clean out a freezer, fix a roof leak, paint a shed, sandblast something, or rake the yard.
Seems everybody is "special" now and they don't have to work for food.
I do not understand......................

frank8003

In Memorial
In Memorial
post 17 is link to a new reprint of TM 9-2320-242-20. It is also available in the same reprint, used good condition, for 30 bucks, free shipping instead of 58 and shipping. Both dated 08021970. The PDF's here on SS are rather good copies.

I find that if one wants a particular picture from a TM then google all around that particular nomenclature to find some really clear pictures.
2-119 gamma goat.jpg

Last edited:

combat32

Wow just greasing all the zerks in the steering made a heck of difference in steering! I don't even have the boxes filled with grease yet.

Attachments

Last edited:

combat32

More broke stuff

No wonder this truck was so hard to shift from 2 wheel to 6 wheel drive. Looks like someone did the old bailing wire fix, plus the heim joint is rusted solid.

Attachments

m38inmaine

That is safety wire for the bolt, mine has the same thing. I had to replace my heim joint as well, you can see the part in my thread.

combat32

Well there is a good one on the parts truck believe it or not. Nice and shiny!

I did a lot of safety wire in my time, I was a Bradley Master Gunner and did all the gun services, whoever did that did a piss poor job.

Mark this is the engine gasket set I got from Red River

Attachments

Last edited:

m38inmaine

That is the complete engine set, I will need one of those, good find. My parts carrier has provided many needed parts, glad it had the part you needed.

combat32

Got my radiator out today, it doesn't look too bad. I will know for sure when I get it cleaned and tested, my connection at the top that goes to the surge tank came off so will have to re-solder that. Installed some more parts from my parts motor that were missing on mine.

Attachments

Last edited:

combat32

I also pulled the thermostat out of my parts motor and tested it, it works, it has no numbers on it but looks just like mkcoen's thermostat that he pulled from his so I think it is the right one.

Attachments

m38inmaine

That's the right thermostat, tested mine as well, after mark's problems I tested mine right away. Great to see the progress pictures.

combat32

Everything disconnected on mine, she is ready to come out, those rear transmission mount bolts are a real@#%^*&!

Just waiting to get my Gantry Crane back from the welder.

Attachments

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Glad to see things are moving forward. I hated shelling out the money for the forklift but it did make things a lot easier.

Check your -20 under Power Plant Removal and Installation. On page 2-100 there is a picture in the upper left of the page showing the rear mounting bolts. In a caption inside the picture it says to Torque to 5545 LBS-FT! Now that had us going for a bit until you actually read step 26-6 which says to torque to 55-65 lbs-ft. Now if the caption had said 5565 I would have thought they just forgot the dash but don't know where they came up with 5545. Sure was hoping we didn't need a bigger wrench.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks