• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Oil Filter Gaskets M35A2

russojap

I didn't spin the cans while I torqued them, I made sure to hold them so they wouldn't move. They weren't leaking at first, but started leaking after I accidentally revved the engine up while starting it. Later I accidentally revved the engine up again when starting it and now they are pouring.

Last edited:

M35A2-AZ

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Did you clean the seating area good before you put the gasket in the grove and seated it all the way?

texas30cal

Idk, I haven’t used 5119’s yet but I will be before Saturday, I guess try again. Check the groove, mating surfaces, defect on the edge of the canister maybe? I’ve seen a bent canister hold down bolt that caused sealing issues. How much oil pressure is the truck making? Is the oil pressure regulator stuck causing 100+ psi like I’ve read about here? If so what would normally be a small leak could become a big one?

Last edited:

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Did you torque the center bolt to 60 ft/lbs?

wix # 15070, napa 5070, 5221 or 5406

The picture of the napa 5070 looks like it's rubber but it does it say what material it is.

https://www.napaonline.com/en/p/FIL5070

Last edited:

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
And it looks correct for the secondary fuel filter gasket!

I pulled the info I posted from a search.

Sorry to mislead.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks