• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP-002a Refresh

BobbyT

I thought I'd post an update on my 002a since its been a while.... I ended up doing what i usually do with projects and tore it down and built it back up. I tried to just get it running and let the CARC paint fly, but i just couldn't leave it alone. It just ran too good to let it look so rough. :smile:

I sandblasted everything i could fit in my blast cabinet, primed and painted everything except the frame, i had it powdercoated.
I painted the motor/gen head with Behr Ultra 33446 TAN and the tank/controls all black.
I'm still working on the ASK pieces, i still have half to sand/prime/paint. The ASK will be tan as well.

IMG_2543SM.jpg
IMG_2887sm.jpg
IMG_2886sm.jpg
IMG_2855.jpg

FloridaAKM

You like to work hard on projects. Pray tell, where did you get the digital gauges for replacement....or do I even want to know as they are not going to be inexpensive (cheap). Your paint job shows you like to make things as new, but with a flair; your CO may not approve.....but you are not in a warzone or active duty for that matter. Nice job all the way around.

jamawieb

It looks like your ID tags and control panel are new? Where did you get those? I remember someone that sold overlays on steelsoldiers but I can't remember who?

BobbyT

Thanks everyone. Yes the gauges are from JimC as well as the new decal set. Honestly, i think the gauge set is priced right for what you get considering the work that went into them to design and build them.

The DC voltage gauge was one i had for another project that i never used that just happened to have a range up to 30 volts.
I wish it was blue to match the others, but i wont worry about it unless i come across a blue one sometime for a price i cant resist.
The DC volts gauge is square so i cut a circle out of aluminum to set it in and to create a flange for the front to clamp it to the panel.

BobbyT

Thanks, I'm going to start with it clean TAN and look at it for a few days, but might stencil it out. Still undecided. I was originally planning on building a pad for it in the corner of my yard, about 10 feet from the corner of my house, so the clean tan would look good with the tan siding of the house. But the other half of me says stay true to its roots and stencil it all back to original. I also have had some offers to sell it, so i might sell it and buy another to start the process all over. :shrugs: :D

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks