• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

CCKW Tcase swap to M135?

mv135

Hello,

Does anybody know whether a CCKW banjo axle transfer case will fit a M135?
I am mostly concerned with the alignment of the input and output shafts(driveshafts)
I think it might , but I have no experience with the CCKW Tcase.
Also is there more than one model of a CCKW banjo Tcase?
I will be looking for a CCKW tcase if it is compatible with the M135, so if any are for sale,
reply here or PM me. I will be posting this in the early deuce forum also.

Thanks,
Ken

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I do not have firsthand knowledge of this swap other than knowing it was widely done by surplus dealers in the distant past. The driveshafts are in the same or very similar locations on both cases. The jackshaft U-joints are completely different and will require a custom built jackshaft. The remaining U-joints are the same between the CCKW and G749. There is only one type of GM CCKW transfer case. You have to be very careful buying these used, as the ball bearings will wallow out the soft cast case and then you are looking at expensive machine work to fix the case.

saddamsnightmare

March 27th, 2016.

Just for thoughts:

Why not see if an M35A2 Transfer will fit, at least then you can dispense with the sprag gears in the M135 transfer case that cause all sorts of problems in a rollback (if you are in "D", bad things happen). This should also get you the air shift on the front axle.

AMGeneral

March 27th, 2016.

Just for thoughts:

Why not see if an M35A2 Transfer will fit, at least then you can dispense with the sprag gears in the M135 transfer case that cause all sorts of problems in a rollback (if you are in "D", bad things happen). This should also get you the air shift on the front axle.
Cannot do that in a GMC deuce,the front axle turns in the opposite direction vs a M35.

saddamsnightmare

March 28th, 2016.

Learned something new, I guess you'd have to introduce an idler gearbox on either the front or rear driveline to solve that piece of GM engineering!:wink:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks