• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Easy MV Wiper Blade Fix/ replacement 12" civi

wcuhillbilly

So,,, Ive been avoiding ordering stock wiper blades for some time now, as the originals are 1960s tech. mainly I was searching for a local replacement so as to not have any downtime due to a lost or damaged blade.
Off to NAPA and match up the 12" blade to whatever I can retrofit.

NAPA 60-1157 seemed like a suitable match. the blade kit will come with an adapter plastic spacer and a new wiper arm end.
wiper mod I.jpg

Wiper mod II.jpg

Basically I just uncrimped the the clamped hook for the stock wiper blade off my original wiper arm and installed the plastic spacer, measured where the attachment stud needed to be and made a small mig weld there.
Wiper mod III.jpg
Filed the dab of weld down to fit, slid the spacer on, then the adapter and finaly the blade.

wiper mod IV.jpg

Wiper modV.jpg
Finished install.....

Wiper mod VI.jpg

installed on truck and tested... Seems to be working fine, even with all the former welding/grinding slag my windsheild came with....
Sorry for a couple blurry pics... Hope this helps some one....

Last edited:

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Time to bring this up again, did the same to my M818 and M35A2 and still working great.

wcuhillbilly

Time to bring this up again, did the same to my M818 and M35A2 and still working great.
Thanks MWMULES for the move/compile, Think I posted this in various forms in both 5 ton forums..... With the number of folks asking about wiper blades on MV's Do you think it needs added to the sticky section?

deuceman51

Saturn did. I bought out the last of their wiper upgrade kits a year ago. I still have about 14 kits left. PM me if anybody is interested. They come with instructions and Trico style upgraded wiper blades.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks