• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

brakes

big daddy

Hi ,I just bought an m55 and the brakes dont work.I rebuilt the master cylinder and now I have a good pedal after 2 pumps but no brakes still? Also I thought the line in the top of the master cylinder was a vent but mine is pressurized,why? big daddy independence,mo

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If your line is pressurized there is a problem. That is supposed to be a vent line. I know on the deuce, there was an MWO changing the location of that line. Yours might be going to the aircleaner as part of a fording kit but I would think that would create a vacuum. Trace that line. some uniformed subject may have tapped it into an sir line. More often than not, the airpacks go away more than anything else. If you have a firm pedal but very little braking action, look towards troubleshooting the airpack. Get yerself a manual and study the workings of it so you can start checking lines.

big daddy

Thanks I'll look it over a little better,would someone accidentely tapping into the air lines cause this?I'm trying to find manuals for it but have not been very lucky.Bought 4 boxes of manuals at auction some for newer 5 tons,2.5 tons,generators,trailers,radios etc.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks