• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My MRAP CAIMAN 2's mini build thread !!

auctionaddict

My latest project.. Built 2 replicas for a movie rental deal (that fell thru)..
I think I can live in one and the wife in the other if need be !
Started Feb 10 and finished May 5th ! I worked 7 days a week, and a friend helped 3 or 4 days a week !!

Day 1
mt1.jpg
Day 30
y1.jpg

snip . . . "for a movie rental deal (that fell thru).." . . . snip

Wow! All that work and it "fell thru"!

How do you recover from something like that?

That would rate pretty high on my crap-o-meter.

auctionaddict

Very high !!
I haven't recovered ! An Addict never does fully !!
It sucks, Lots of cash spent that I didn't have, but I can always sell them on that popular auction site if something doesn't happen soon !

m715mike

My latest project.. Built 2 replicas for a movie rental deal (that fell thru)..
I think I can live in one and the wife in the other if need be !
Started Feb 10 and finished May 5th ! I worked 7 days a week, and a friend helped 3 or 4 days a week !!

Or, you could put the house on that popular auction site and move into the MRAPs?

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Wow! Are the sides individual plates welded together or did you have large sheets bent on a press brake? Looks bent in the pics. Another picture deal will come along, just need to get the word out. Maybe the next Divergent movie.

auctionaddict

Wow! Are the sides individual plates welded together or did you have large sheets bent on a press brake? Looks bent in the pics. Another picture deal will come along, just need to get the word out. Maybe the next Divergent movie.
There 10ft and 8ft sheets bent in the brake and then a "cap" to cover where the sheets meet.

63foxtrot

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sounds like somebody took advantage of you. I will never take on a big built like this without half of the money up front, and a iron clad contract written by an attorney. Most of these builds are done by shops with multi million dollar insurance policies or the studios them selves for liability reasons, anything can happen during filming or down the road. You do not want to be part of that. Consider your self lucky. Just think what will happen, when your truck is driven by a stuntman hauling 10 extras in the back takes a turn too fast, and flips or there is a problem with the exhaust system, and the driver gets sick. You'll be tied up in court for years, and very costly. It's a FACT not maybe.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks