• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Extremely Negative Experience - Jared at Ft Carson CO

98G

Former SSG
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I won a lot out of Ft Carson CO. I contracted with a freight carrier for loadout and delivery. The freight carrier is apparently at the GL yard nearly daily.

Jared refused to release the lot , claiming lack of appointment. An appointment was made with Jared by the carrier for June 9th, which was beyond the 10 business day deadline, but was the earliest date that Ft Carson GL had available.

On June 9 Jared refused to release the lot, stating it was abandoned.

I called Jared personally when I found out on June 12th. I was told "xxx freight carrier needs to learn to make an appointment. The lot has been declared abandoned, we're keeping your purchase price, we're going to resell the lot, and there's nothing you can do about it."

Apparently there's an ongoing conflict between this carrier and Jared and he's addressing it by taking it out on the customer.

I escalated to GL customer service and filed a claim. Their idea of a resolution is to refund my purchase price, but suspend my bidding privileges until I pay a 25% default fee.

My position is they made an appointment for June 9th and they needed to honor that.

I am extremely dissatisfied.

rhurey

Steel Soldiers Supporter
10 GL business days, or 10 real business days?

Cause GL seems to like claiming business days are when someone else is open for business. But days they're not.

rhurey

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Oh, from their terms:
If property is not removed within the specified removal period for the Event or scheduled for removal at a later date with the GL Site Manager, GL will consider the property to be abandoned by the Buyer, and the Buyer shall have abandoned all right, title and interest therein; to include the entire purchase price of the property.

98G

Former SSG
Steel Soldiers Supporter
"Or scheduled for removal at a later date with the GL site manager.."

This was done.... it was scheduled for pick-up with the site manager for June 9th. Then on June 9th at the appointed time release was refused..

goldneagle

If GL only has 2 days per week that an item can be recovered then you have 5 weeks to recover the item. I will bet a court would only count the days that GL allows recovery as days to count. I think a class action law suit is a good way to wake them up a bit. I do not appreciate their business practices. They act like a monopoly.

tobyS

Steel Soldiers Supporter
At about 20 minutes before bidding was up at the 6/17 and then again at the 6/18 sale, GL was overloaded and stopped functioning. My account would not load and I could not continue bidding....was outbid at a very low price, I later found out.

That was two sales that I bid from the start, that due to GL site issues, I wasted my time. The online chat person acknowledged both times that their system was malfunctioning...screwed...but at least not to your level, having given them money and caught in their political fight.

98G

Former SSG
Steel Soldiers Supporter
At about 20 minutes before bidding was up at the 6/17 and then again at the 6/18 sale, GL was overloaded and stopped functioning. My account would not load and I could not continue bidding....was outbid at a very low price, I later found out.

That was two sales that I bid from the start, that due to GL site issues, I wasted my time. The online chat person acknowledged both times that their system was malfunctioning...screwed...but at least not to your level, having given them money and caught in their political fight.

I've had GL'S site lock up and time out and kick me out just as auctions close a bunch of times. I figure that's just the way it goes.

gottaluvit

Sounds like we need GP to start moving some non rolling stock to let GL know there is competition and they are not monopolizing kings! I just don't like the way GL seems so lacking in explaining the products they are moving. It's like, take it or leave it so I usually do the latter.

Jim

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
GL acts like they are a gov agency but they are not they are just a private company with a gov contract. The whol abandonment clause would not hold up in court anyways. You cannot take property you sold to someone back just because they don't pick it up in 10 days. You might get away with charging storage. But that's about all any court would allow. GP charges storage for past due pickups but the item you paid for is still yours. In this situation I would send an email "attn management" in the subject line and tell them they have committed fraud and if the situation is not immediately rectified then law enforcement will be involved and criminal charges filed.

tobyS

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Plus, a day needs to be defined as time that they have available and take appointments, not ten days of a calendar.

salt6

Call you congressman. I'm sure GL wouldn't like to have to explain their government contract to a congressman or his assistant.

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Drive up to Phoenix and file a lawsuit , then fly in tour dream-team of internet lawyers for the trial. . It should make this thread entertaining if nothing else.

98G

Former SSG
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Drive up to Phoenix and file a lawsuit , then fly in tour dream-team of internet lawyers for the trial. . It should make this thread entertaining if nothing else.
If I can't afford to lose the purchase price of the lot, I certainly can't afford legal costs. I'll content myself making everyone aware of my experience and refraining from bidding on anything at Ft Carson ever again...

Artisan

Won lots are held WELL beyond the pick up time on a regular basis
throughout the land. BUTSOMEHOWEVER, these relationships need to be
nursed, lots of communication and hand holding is required.

What is the total 25% damages 98?

Your not gonna get out from under it, how about this. Offer to pay the
ransom but paid to the SS Benevolence Fund, and have the receipt sent
to GL. . .. .

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
The person to contact is the contracting officer representative. If he doesn't handle it, then the congressman that'll get their attention.

Artisan

...on 2nd thought, indeed many of us should sick the bb&b on those guyz
so they stop being "thooze guyz" .

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks