• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Extremely Negative Experience - Jared at Ft Carson CO

trukhead

As best as I can follow this situation, you took the appointments available to you and Jared did not honor what his employer assigned as an appointment time.

So GL reneged on their assignation, they did not deliver on goods you paid for. Tell your credit card the entire situation and have them charge back or remove the money from GL's account. If GL did not deliver, the credit card company has a lot of weight and will pursue fraud to the ends of the earth and beyond.

It is up to you to have all your ducks in a row and dates at your command when you explain your situation.

You likely have used one card that is on file with GL. If they are not delivering on subsequent invoices, and they are causing more hardship due to they freezing your account and causing you to lose more product you have paid for, You should be entitled to a full refund on all affected invoices and GL can pound sand in regards to the 25% fee as well since they caused the chaos.

I do think the credit card company is relentless when it comes to fraud. It is up to you to present the case and get them to call the situation fraud on the part of the practices of GL.

Definitely call an elected official or 3 or more and ask for them to intervene as well. There must be a quality control or customer satisfaction government bulldog out there somewhere as well such as the GAO. or the better business bureau. Inform them in writing of the poor performance of GL and inform GL of the letters you will be writing. I am sure the DOD and the EUC place in Battle Creek would love to hear of this poor performance as well.

Call Iron P or the GP customer service and ask them who is watching over them and who can you call to tell of the sloppy poor service of GL. I am sure they would like to hear of this. They may not comment for fear of "defecating in their own nest" if you will.

rhurey

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I think the problem is he may win this round one way or the other and get all the current cash back.

And never be able to bid again.

What are CO's wiretapping laws? Anyone this wound up seems pretty easy to catch being... Wound up.

98G

Former SSG
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I think the problem is he may win this round one way or the other and get all the current cash back.

And never be able to bid again.

p.
GL has stated an intention to refund my purchase price. I haven't seen it yet, but disputing it through the CC is always an option. I don't think it'll come to that. I have them in writing with an intent to refund. The refund will be there.

The problem is they've locked my account pending the 25% default penalty. At this point I really have no intention of paying it, and told them as much. I do want to get the lots that are still pending pickup and wrap up any loose ends like titles and such. At which point they will have simply ran off a customer. With a population of 300 million it'll take them a while to chase everyone away.

Without being able to bid on GL I'll simply have that much more $$ to turn towards rolling stock....so instead of selling chains and lights, I'll sell trailers :)

Looking at it from a purely monetary standpoint I could probably recoup the 25% default fee over a reasonable time frame, but I'm irritated and don't want to give them any $$ when i don't feel that I'm at fault. Fortunately they no longer have the leverage they used to: all the really good stuff is auctioned elsewhere.

I suspect this is the end of this issue. I'll update it if any relevant information comes up.

98G

Former SSG
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Statistics speaking, a happy customer tells 1 or 2 people.... an unhappy customer tells 8 or 10....

Looking at the view count of this thread, I've told 2004. These same people would have also seen a positive resolution had there been one....

ChevyC60

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have great sympathy for you. I had only one base keep my stuff. I have been through the tow truck driver not showing up in a timely fashion, not being able to get though the front gate to meet my appointment, having to reschedule because I was 2 hours late. But the good news is if you are picking up from the right local GL rep (90% of the time) the guys will work with you.The one base that kept my stuff also was a fiasco on every pickup,every one of them, the guy also tried to give me somebodies stuff,which I told him it was not mine. Do I bid on items at that base anymore noway!!! Why does GL keep the bad reps when there are so many great reps that will work with you as we are the customers and we are paying their wages!!!!!

Last edited:
It's too bad they didn't make it right. Reading this has pushed me away from anymore GL auctions. If they will do that to a regular customer, they were really give it to me as a occasional buyer.

Triple C

Backing off GL

It's too bad they didn't make it right. Reading this has pushed me away from anymore GL auctions. If they will do that to a regular customer, they were really give it to me as a occasional buyer.
I never did bid often, so navigating the system was a new trip every time. But I agree with you completely, I won't be bidding on GL anymore either. Hope the OP gets the problems worked out....

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks