• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Spoke to GP about the new SF-97 for HMMWVs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blackmagic94

The SF97s will be issued on request with a "OFF ROAD ONLY STAMP", they are still for off road use only folks, hope this clears everything up

Some states will be able to obtain a title, but you still cannot make it road legal, but you can maybe get insurance and such at this point which is helpful. AZ will not issue a title period.

Retiredwarhorses

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have asked on this forum before but never got an answer...GP was clueless as well.
but here in calif, Off road vehicles require a title and tags...or big ticket and fines.
so GP finally figured it out...the SF97 is "certificate to obtain title" nothing more, nothing less...title proves legal ownership.

Blackmagic94

Exactly and AZ is the same way, If I buy a 2015 Honda CRF450R MX bike I get a title if I pay for it in full with no lien, the lienholder holds title in AZ, but it doesn't mean its road legal, but AZ went a step further and refuses to issue a title even.

But at least with a SF97 I can get a off road plate now with AZ but that is it. So at least I can be legal when I go to Glamis dunes again this year in California

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
This thread is on track. Let's keep it that way.

As soon as anyone derails it and starts talking about how to get around the "Off Road Only" restriction then it will be closed just like all the others.

Some time off may also be in store for anyone that derails it.

Al Harvey

Thanks Blackmagic94 for posting the information that you got directly from GP. [thumbzup] It is good that they are giving SF97s out, that way you can get something official saying you own it. That's better for everyone in the long run, in case of theft.

Thought I'd add one part in support of our mods. It is better to lock a thread, instead of just deleting posts, because if the thread is locked members will hopefully think twice before posting something that could close it down. If it's just deleted, then some will post just to say something knowing it will just be deleted. Thanks to our mods for keeping these threads and our site on track.

Last edited:

Blackmagic94

Im sure you will get a refund but I talked to one of the head guys and he said they decided to not allow the FL route and shall only issue the OFF ROAD ONLY SF97s.

Im just excited to get SF97s for the rest of mine that I haven't sold yet

Reckless

I don't know who you are talking too but they are doing the FL titled but noted as off HWY because of the speed rating of 50 mph. Depending on the state it will be listed as off road or off highway. So you can drive them on the road, essentially it comes down to YOUR DMV.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I don't know who you are talking too but they are doing the FL titled but noted as off HWY because of the speed rating of 50 mph. Depending on the state it will be listed as off road or off highway. So you can drive them on the road, essentially it comes down to YOUR DMV.
It depends on the Federal Government and how they enforce the Off Road Use restriction.

Remember they can always change the de-mil code and they can come get our play toys at anythime (yes it has happened)

Last edited:

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just as a reminder, the DLA has not changed their stance of the "off-road-use only" restriction. Here is a blurb from their website:

"Humvee/HMMWVIn November 2014
DLA Disposition Services began releasing excess military Humvee cargo and troopcarriers with model numbers M998, M998A1, M1038 and M1038A1 to all eligible reutilization,transfer and donation (RTD) recipients. These are early model "soft side" unarmored vehicles.Participants in the Fire Fighters and law enforcement support programs remain eligible for the items aswell. Vehicles not acquired by those special programs or RTD recipients may be sold to the public for off road use. They will be offered under a contract for disposal of rolling stock. Seewww.govplanet.com for additional information."

http://www.dispositionservices.dla.mil/sales/Documents/Sales/FAQ.pdf

Until this stance is changed all the BS you hear on the internet is just that, BS.

Please understand that I would love to see all almost all MVs sold to the general public with no restrictions what so ever.

Last edited:

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
We have had two post the last couple of days about the FoxNews report. Once again it is BS until the DLA changes their stance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks