• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Metal Magnets's M211 teardown and future rebuild.

I'm going to be posting pictures of the forthcoming teardown and rebuild of my M211, and will be doing some stuff with the M135. Have many things to share, will post new stuff as soon as can upload information.

Mystery parts in M135 cab.

While cleaning out the decades of "dirt" from my M135 cab, I found these parts which to me look like a rifle holder. If anyone out there has any other opinions, please don't be shy and tell me what it really is.20150623_070824.jpg20150623_070720.jpgRubber pocket 2.jpgPocket 3.jpgMystery clip.jpgRubber pocket.jpgClip as located on back wall.jpg

m1010plowboy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Now we're talking! You do have rifle holders, that'll be handy to hold a stack of beer, seeing that we don't have any guns.

Tell us if that M211 has CDN on the data plate. I have a M211CDN which is close to complete and if you have one, then Canada is covered. Looking forward to photos and the hunt for parts.

I've had several hundred Easterners join us to finish our work here because apparently, you guys down east have all your work done already. Had a Colin from the Florenceville area that joined us servicing and running bobcats and now he's fixing helicopters....maybe you know him....lol. Great stories about the East coast from Screech musical kitchens to McCain potatoes.

Now that you have a dedicated thread, post everything about your truck here and we'll all follow along and try to provide support. You're very close to a few suppliers so the costs to get parts to you won't be as bad as living on the left side of Canada.

I ordered manuals from https://www.portrayalpress.com/ and those kids sent me everything within a few days of a phone call. Nice folks.

You're actually very close to $50.00 NDT 9.00-20 tires I'm thinking, just south of the border. We'll need to knock on Seano11's door because he hauled them all the way from the East coast to Alberta. You'll also need a you-tube channel so you can post videos of you washing off the salt water.....after driving in the ocean.

Last edited:

firefox

General
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you get a chance could you please look at the brake bleeder screws and
tell me what size/threads they are.
Thanks!

You tube channel.

Now we're talking! You do have rifle holders, that'll be handy to hold a stack of beer, seeing that we don't have any guns.

Tell us if that M211 has CDN on the data plate. I have a M211CDN which is close to complete and if you have one, then Canada is covered. Looking forward to photos and the hunt for parts.

I've had several hundred Easterners join us to finish our work here because apparently, you guys down east have all your work done already. Had a Colin from the Florenceville area that joined us servicing and running bobcats and now he's fixing helicopters....maybe you know him....lol. Great stories about the East coast from Screech musical kitchens to McCain potatoes.

Now that you have a dedicated thread, post everything about your truck here and we'll all follow along and try to provide support. You're very close to a few suppliers so the costs to get parts to you won't be as bad as living on the left side of Canada.

I ordered manuals from https://www.portrayalpress.com/ and those kids sent me everything within a few days of a phone call. Nice folks.

You're actually very close to $50.00 NDT 9.00-20 tires I'm thinking, just south of the border. We'll need to knock on Seano11's door because he hauled them all the way from the East coast to Alberta. You'll also need a you-tube channel so you can post videos of you washing off the salt water.....after driving in the ocean.
Thanks for the warm welcome, I hope those working on these vehicles are ready to get some "dirt under the nails" because I certainly am. I have gotten set up on YT, but need to get the video part straightened out. Pictures are easy, but it will come. My M135 is dash plated Canadian, (same for the M211) sadly though, the cut up M211 was missing the critical dash plate, but I found the frame I.D. number. Really encouraging to know people are interested in seeing these vehicles restored and running around on the roads again. Never saw one on the road around here yet, but I aim to change that.

I would love to get my hands on a full set of mil tires. Speaking of which, I'm looking for pictures of the spare tire carrier. Both the M211, and the M135 were missing, the cut M211 had one but was mangled somewhat, and was welded solid. I'll need several shots of how the pivot end looks. Then I'll fix mine same way. Thanks in advance.:beer:

Sure looks like a rifle holder to me! That is neat!

Looking forward to more pictures of the heater and everything else you are working on.

Here is your YouTube video over here so you can focus on more new stuff. Subscribed! :popcorn:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_yEVAziBlw
I have a hard time to believe the truck only had 24 thousand miles, but the M135 has only about 44 thousand!!! Not much at all, but was probably rough usage.

Juskatla

That is the rifle holder. Butt goes in the base and the clip holds the wood under the barrel. Probably would have been used for an FNC1 in the day. Other weapons mounts found on some trucks were the SMG clips in the dash to hold the Inglis C1 9mm SMG. Its great that some of this stuff is still around as its part of the history of your truck.

firefox

General
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thank you very much Sir!

The brake bleeder screws are 7/16 x20 TP inch (fine thread) both bleeder hole and line port.

Section8

Ask and you shall receive.
Here are some pics of my spare tire holder. Took them just this morning for you.
I will also try to get some pictures of my heater as well.

Attachments

Section8

Here are pics of my heater. Couple of when it was still installed and other of it now.
The mice sure loved to use it as a home. They ate most of the ducting when it was installed.

Attachments

That is the rifle holder. Butt goes in the base and the clip holds the wood under the barrel. Probably would have been used for an FNC1 in the day. Other weapons mounts found on some trucks were the SMG clips in the dash to hold the Inglis C1 9mm SMG. Its great that some of this stuff is still around as its part of the history of your truck.
Thanks for the info, I googled what you said, and the butt looks like a perfect fit for the rubber base. Now that you mention the "clips" in the dash, I found what at first appeared as fuse holders in the glove box, but found that odd, since the truck uses breakers, rather than glass fuses which were the norm in the day, so that clears this question also.

Ask and you shall receive.
Here are some pics of my spare tire holder. Took them just this morning for you.
I will also try to get some pictures of my heater as well.
That's great! My parts have seen much abuse, (will post pictures when can) so I need to get as much info as possible. Don't worry about sideways pictures. Could you please get a shot of the underside of the tire mounting plate swivel? If you can, whenever you can, don't go out of your way. Mine was welded, and cut, and bent, and, and, ...........:roll: I wish now I hadn't deleated the pictures of my M211 "scrapyard parts truck", that truck was a mess, but boy, did it yield some nice parts.

Here are pics of my heater. Couple of when it was still installed and other of it now.
The mice sure loved to use it as a home. They ate most of the ducting when it was installed.
I have a question for you. What is that box that's rivited to the heater? My M211 has a personel heater, but not with that item on it. Could it be for the high/low speed resistor? If so, mine is mounted under the dash.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks