• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

I was in TX But they let me go.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
He has a mouse in his pocket. Or is he just excited to see you? ;-)

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Southdave is with me.

We are at our destination and they are closed till 1!

Lunch time

Last edited by a moderator:

gimpyrobb

Its not bad, Dave made it sound like an oven. I do see the UV is stronger here, I don't burn easily and have to be careful here.

Today we went south to drop off some parts for Rory and stopped at a top secret parts stash. I made it out with out spending all my cash, but pretty close to it! Barrman and his son joined up with us as I haven't seen him since "the great deuce caper" with Westy a couple years ago. It was a great trip seeing good guys! We have made it back to home base and are going to get some showers and dinner.

We thought about heading to the Houston area, but I'm getting tired of driving/riding.

Last edited:

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thought you were going to slide through here and grab that field desk for Rory? Gheesh.

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
They say every thing is bigger in Texas. :driver:
It is when you are driving across it!

A good day in great company. I got my V parts (but no field desk!), GR got lots of other kinds of parts, we shared a good meal. All in all, a well spent afternoon.

Glad y'all got back safely. You are now fully conversant in what I warned you about, the only thing close to central Texas is more Texas!

Barrman, sorry about the Aggie jokes. ;)

Cheers

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
And enough vehicle to haul a particular trailer!

Judging by the marks on the road, it was a really exciting ride well before they ended up in the hedge!

Cheers

Barrman

It was nice to see you Chris and nice to meet Dave. Not much better than spending an after noon visiting and looking at mv parts.

Thanks again for for the lunch Rory.

gimpyrobb

You're welcome Tim, sorry for the Aggie joke! ;)

Cheers
Those jokes weren't half as bad as the donkey show we saw later on...

Just kidding!
Anyway, my visa ran out and I am now home. It was a heck of a trip and I wish I had time to stop by to help Garrett fix his truck, but it just wasn't in the cards. Thanks for all the well wishes and offers for lunch/dinner or even a place to stay. This site has the best members anywhere!

Rory, I need your shipping addy, I missed a couple things for you.

gimpyrobb

So while down there, I ended up getting a Rock Island 577 bench vise! I couldn't figure out why you had to spin the handle 10 times before it would move in or out. I took it apart today and found the pin that holds the acme screw was bent at almost a 45* angle, NO WONDER! I pulled it and replaced it and now the handle only spins tow or three times before it moves, much better. Some pics...

Attachments

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I may be driving truck and trailer down, flying home. Thats all I know till Sat.
So while down there, I ended up getting a Rock Island 577 bench vise! I couldn't figure out why you had to spin the handle 10 times before it would move in or out. I took it apart today and found the pin that holds the acme screw was bent at almost a 45* angle, NO WONDER! I pulled it and replaced it and now the handle only spins tow or three times before it moves, much better. Some pics...
Any issues getting that on the plane? Did you get it a seat? Son, you have a vise vice.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I see you got the 24v version instead of the 120v. You can use it on your MV now. ;-)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks