• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce paint codes

Stretch44875

Super Jr. Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Can anyone tell me what code the 383 green paint is? Want to pick up some paint locally, doesn't need to be carc. Would Napa or a automotive paint store work?

Thanks,
Dennis

DDoyle

Supporting Vendor
It is FS595B 34094 - a good paint store should be able to match it from that.

Info from my Standard Catalog of US Military Vehicles, 2nd Edition - shameless plug!!!

HTH,
David

FormerNewMVGuy

Is it cheaper that way, from rapco I mean? I bought a gallon of 383 Green from alfa heaven, because sherwin williams wont sell it to me here in new jersey because of the V.O.C. law, I managed to find the reducer here but once its gone thats it for that to! I dont remember the price exactly but think it was around 80.bucks for the gallon.

Manstein

Chaplain Emeritus
I contacted Sherwin Williams here in town and was finally able to find a rep who would sell the CARC but by the time you bought the primer, reducers and paint it was looking like about 1500.00. The rattle can job cost me about 350.00.
I would have preferred the CARC but it wasn't in my budget. Plus, I could work on it a little here and there without cleaning up paint guns and dragging compressors and all the other junk around.

DDoyle

Supporting Vendor
Scott,
If you are in NJ and are not in a hurry for paint, then wait until the April (or is it May) Aberdeen show - lots of suppliers of paint there, and no hazmat charges.

Rapco, AlfaHeaven, Baxter, Memphis, all pretty much have their hands tied by the hazardous materials fees of transporters - and that can be expensive.

DD

CGarbee

About the best deal that I found on shipping was from Mark at Rapco who will palletize and send it by truck if you purchase three cases (or more)... I've set up some group buys in the past with some of the guys near me in order to get the quantity needed and total shipping was less than what UPS Hazmat alone would have been...

The other "deal" is that I tend to pick up surplus paint that we test at work (and other places) and sell it at Aberdeen and elsewhere... Still have plenty of Navy Haze Gray, International Orange, etc...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks