• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

HMMWV accessories/mods?

Gunnermac

Chief
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Looking for a backup camera system. So far the one that keeps coming up is the Pyle RV/Truck Backup Camera (4). I would like at least a 2 camera set up, but no more than 4 and I need one that comes with a monitor. Is there a better setup out there or a more ruggedized/commercial setup?

My plan is to mount the cameras off of antenna mounts using the offset gps mounts. I have ordered the antenna mounts just need to find a camera system.

I got one from Costco for I think about $200 three years ago for my M109a3. Still working fine, very clear, it has inputs for more cameras.

Mac

leo4x4

Electric winch i dont like
Hydraulic dont want any leaks
Beacuse it connects to the power steering pump if it fails. Then im SOL.

24 to 12 converter from amazon
I have 2 of them installed in the battery compartment
1 for the overhead and 1 for the
CB radio only.

BradBMI

Just received am M998 seems they stripped the main pulley and some front engine parts. Looked theu the TM's but couldn't find an exploded view of the engine. Anyone know where I can obtain? Didn't see anything on the older posts thanks

hummer4x4guy

Bigred350 and sublimemudtime, there is a correct piece of aluminum and a seal that is used on the two door civi Hummer and it works on the humvee also. I have one for my rig but haven't installed it yet. If I can find the paperwork and the pn I'll post it. If I forget just message me for a reminder.

jake-cutter

Bigred350 and sublimemudtime, there is a correct piece of aluminum and a seal that is used on the two door civi Hummer and it works on the humvee also. I have one for my rig but haven't installed it yet. If I can find the paperwork and the pn I'll post it. If I forget just message me for a reminder.
The part #'s are 5938744A for the bracket and 5939988 for the seals.

DanM7890

Anyone know if I can just replace the rubber around the window? It came with a nice black one, but the other side is painted over and I want to replace it.

Attachments

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just received am M998 seems they stripped the main pulley and some front engine parts. Looked theu the TM's but couldn't find an exploded view of the engine. Anyone know where I can obtain? Didn't see anything on the older posts thanks
Not sure if you still need parts but I have purchased a rolling chassis non runner with an engine and a core engine in bed. Waiting for euc so don't know when it will be in hand.

nickd

My work

Started out with a 4 man soft top
went to a 4 man hard top with X diors
went to a slant top
led lights
visor kit
hydraulic winch
push bumper
rino spare tire kit & air lift bumper
under hood armor
armored top and bottom hood grills
high back seats and 3 point seat belts
6.5 non turbo motor
and some more small stuff

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks