• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Need help with unicor 200A alternator on M934A2

jester3798

I purchased a unicor 200A 24V alternator and the brackets to make it work on my M934A2. My truck arrived missing the original alternator. Does any one know a part number that I can use for the pulley. Its serpentine drive and the alternator shaft measures .870" and has a keyway. Im looking for anything that would work, either surplus or something from the civilian world.

thanks in advance

ryan

jester3798

does any one have the stock dimensions for the alternator pulley on the 8.3l cummins motor? the pulley I need for the unicor alternator is an:

8 groove pulley
the inside diameter measure .870 with I guess is .875 or 7/8 inch shaft
I do not know what the out side diameter of the pulley should be. mine was missing
it has a keyway in it measuring .250
and from the base of the shaft to the threaded portion is almost exactly 1'
021.jpg022.jpg

josh dunigan

We have a M934A2 expansible van truck 5 ton 6x6. We turned it into a brush truck at the fire station, and have the box out back for storage. The alternator was burned on the bottom and burned some wires in half. We have no idea what amp it is to replace it with. Does anyone know what size we need to get. I drove it around the other day and the brake system did not wanna air up but once i parked it the tanks started to fill back up. Any Comments. Also may be selling the box off the truck later on.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
We have a M934A2 expansible van truck 5 ton 6x6. We turned it into a brush truck at the fire station, and have the box out back for storage. The alternator was burned on the bottom and burned some wires in half. We have no idea what amp it is to replace it with. Does anyone know what size we need to get. I drove it around the other day and the brake system did not wanna air up but once i parked it the tanks started to fill back up. Any Comments. Also may be selling the box off the truck later on.
60amp stock alternator if you want a military replacement. You would need to redo the wiring. Or otherwise just tape them off. Get a 33si type brushless alternator that only requires a new wire ran directly to the battery. I have one listed in the classifieds as well as 74M35A2 has them for sale as well. He also sells the bracket for the A2 engine.

https://www.steelsoldiers.com/showt...-24V-100a-Alternator-DelcoRemy-New&highlight=

74M35A2

I can guide you to the pulley you spec’d, but a 200A 24V alternator is 5,600 watts. This is more than most home generators. If you think you can really use that much power, the stock 8 rib belt system is not up to the task. That much power delivery through a belt system requires about a 12 rib belt. Batteries will typically only accept a certain charge rate, which is relatively low, and if your engine starts well, does not take much to replenish.

MRAP’s use a single powerhouse type alternator, and has a very wide belt to do so. Luxury buses (coaches) do it via 2 smaller alternators. They are lighter and less belt stress.

The pulley you are asking for is offered for about $20 new, shipped, through several eBay vendors. Todays alternators don't use keyways anymore, but most of the eBay pulleys for that shaft diameter (7/8" or 0.875") do have it, it is simply not utilized on slip fit type pulleys. Not sure about the 1" depth though.

Also make sure you understand the cooling fan which is required for that specific alternator, some are part of the pulley, some are sandwiched between the pulley, some are internal to the alternator, etc.....

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks