• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Meet Mr Rusty's cousin Mr Crusty

CUCVLOVER

Time for a new guy in the trash pile lol.

That's why I like my flat bed. The hitch is all tied into the frame, bed, and actual tube is welded and has 2, 1/2in Allen bolts. I have pulled the tractor sled at the pull twice with no issues

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

cucvrus

DSCF7234.jpgDSCF7233.jpgDSCF7232.jpgSon could not let the HMMWV play on the hill without a playmate. Happy Fathers Day. We are still working and fabricating the bumpers for Mr Crusty. It is still in test mode. It is doing well. A new vacuum pump from Autozone today and replaced all the vacuum hoses. It has a new transmission and now it shifts and drives like it does. Life time warranty. I put this engine in this truck about 6 years ago. It came from a HMMWV. The original engine was lost during submarine duty at Trevorton. 30845_114223218613753_5805726_n.jpgUM1028

cucvrus

Today we are installing a rear bumper on Mr Crusty. it is 100 degrees and I am still plugging away at projects. Do or do not. There is NO try. It's a simple task. just get started and stick with it. Slow and steady is better then stopped and waiting any day. I will post a progress report later. Complete with pictures and glossy 8 x 10's and explanations for each picture. Oh Boy can't wait. Remain calm.

cucvrus

DSCF7345.jpgDSCF7347.jpgDSCF7348.jpgDSCF7349.jpgDSCF7344.jpgDSCF7340.jpgDSCF7341.jpgDSCF7343.jpgDSCF7342.jpgDSCF7346.jpgToday's progress. After about 5 hours we are off to the Speedy Mart for the .69 52 OZ drink. I wanted you to see how clean and painted the under side of Mr Crusty is. Just so it does not revert back to the days of Mud Duty.

cucvrus

Mr Crusty has a nice reupholstered seat. DSCF7432.jpgDSCF7431.jpgAlso I wanted to show you the door seal rubbers that we removed from a Cadillac Sedan Deville at the YOUPULLIT. They fit nice and tight and the tan matches the interior of Mr Crusty. They were free clean and genuine GM. Freebies. Can't beat it. The doors are nice and tight now.

dougco1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
https://1drv.ms/a/s!Avlyv_Pzh_oWgQ46AGmjfKvv4Gsa These are a few pictures of today's adventure. Bad to work tomorrow. I hope you enjoy the pictures. My Son showed me this new app. I hope it is acceptable.
Rick, What type of backhoe/loader was that in your July adventure photos? Are those the replacements for the older Unimog SEE tractor (small emplacement excavators)?

cucvrus

Rick, What type of backhoe/loader was that in your July adventure photos? Are those the replacements for the older Unimog SEE tractor (small emplacement excavators)?
I don't know but it is bad ass. they had several of them. they had some up-fitted with armor. I liked the 2 seats.

cucvrus

DSCF2156.jpgDSCF2164.jpgMr Crusty is all cleaned up and Son says he is retiring it from the mud whore life. It was all cleaned and painted and we had a few issues that we were unware of during the off road jamboree last week at Rausch Creek. DSCF2152.jpgDSCF2151.jpgDSCF2165.jpg
The front bolt on the inside of the right front housing in the Dana 60 was broken off flush in the housing. After about 2 hours of drilling and heating it came out and the hole was cleaned real well and the threads were tapped and cleaned up and we installed new grade 8 5/8" bolts and a new U bolt. Mr Crusty was cleaned up and parked till next time. It did drive a bit strange on the way home from Rausch Creek. He was towing Terminus M1009.

cucvrus

Mad Cow Disease M1028A1 has been sold. Another CUCV has flown from the nest. That makes 4 this tear alone.
1.) The Mule M1009
2.) Terminus M1009
3.) Easter Find M1008
4.) Mad Cow Disease M1028A1

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks