• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Fuel filter o ring help

jlpayne

Greetings,
I am embarrassed to ask this, buuuuut. Dang I can not get the o rings in for the fuel filters? Mmwhat is the trick? It's like they are just a bit to small and I don't want to rip them, what do you guys do?

ageregunner

I have not had any real trouble installing those o-rings. I just push around with my finger, then I inspect with a mirror before securing the cannister. Perhaps you have the wrong o-rings.

jatonka

The primary fuel filter gasket is Napa 5131. The secondary fuel filter gaskets are Napa 5070. These are good correct numbers, I buy them 100 at a time from WIX who makes them for Napa. The Wix numbers are 15131 and 15070respectively. JT

arno

I installed the WIX 33511 as primary and 33512 as secondary & final. The seals are a bit too small, so I stretched them a bit by placing it over the engine oil filter canister for a couple of minutes... (I was in need of a new seal because the old one was already very brittle...)

Greets

Arno

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you can't figure it out then it's the wrong one. Just get the correct one, a little grease and install with one finger. Not a problem.

m715mike

I attempted to replace my fuel filters today (original style filter in the canisters). I purchased NAPA Gold filters from fleetfilter.com and attempted to use the gaskets that came with the new filters. After reading this thread and a couple others, I now know I was using the wrong size gasket.

I got lucky with the primary filter. It sealed nicely on my second attempt. The original gasket was still good on the secondary filter, and I reused it. However, I had no luck with the final filter. Looks like I'm headed to NAPA for a 5070 gasket.

Once again, I am very appreciative that someone asked a question (the OP in this tread) and several others replied with useful information! Thank you!

Tracer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just changed my fuel filters with NAPA Gold filters and used the gaskets that came with them. Usually I have more trouble getting the old gaskets out. Coat the new gaskets with a little oil and use your fingers to install.

Katavic918

I used Napa #3511 and 3512. I also had trouble with the o-rings. I guess I used the wrong ones also. They fit perfect except for the rings.

Mrmag1

Head of Stuff N' Things
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ok dumb question but are all the other ones rings useless that cone with it? My secondary filters I got from big Mike's has the napas in the bag and other ones that I guess are the right ones to use. Also in the Napa bag is 3 other orings and such that where not in the filters when I took em out. I figure they are for other applications for different vehicles.... I wrong?

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
I have correct usgi filters with the correct gaskets for $5 each plus shipping. No guess work on the O rings. PM if interested.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks