• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Tucson to Ft Bliss to OKC to Ft Riley to St Louis, and back.

98G

Former SSG
Steel Soldiers Supporter
While I was parked in the ft riley visitor pass parking lot my CTIS decided it was a traction impaired surface and took it upon itself to dump the air from all 6 tires.

It refused to air back up. So I'm crawling around on post at 20mph, bouncing, trying to coax the CTIS into reinflating the tires, pretty please....

Finally I gave up and screamed obscenities at it. My tires are now fully inflated.

Attachments

98G

Former SSG
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Truck is hooked up. Life is good. Spare tire is missing (pics didn't show either way), but an unanticipated cargo cover is present, so that evens out. Interior is rough, as you'd expect for a truck that has been sitting out in the elements without a cab top.

Batteries are present, but flat dead. Hoses, lines and belts look new. Everything has oil/fluid/etc and looks good. Transmission and transfer controls are stiff, but I got both into N (I think). 16 miles down the road and nothing is hot. I crawled around at 20 - 30mph for a while and then got on I 70 and ran it at 50mph for a few miles.

Question - with transmission and transfer in N will the odometer rack up miles?

Attachments

CUCVLOVER

Glad you got back on the road ok.

I hope the truck is ok when you get some new batts.

I figure that with the transfer case in N then both drive shafts should not be turning the final drive, so it shouldn't make miles.

I could be wrong I'm not an expert on these trucks.
Good luck

archmark

What kind of mileage do you figure you're getting both empty and loaded/towing?

Truck is hooked up. Life is good. Spare tire is missing (pics didn't show either way), but an unanticipated cargo cover is present, so that evens out. Interior is rough, as you'd expect for a truck that has been sitting out in the elements without a cab top.

Batteries are present, but flat dead. Hoses, lines and belts look new. Everything has oil/fluid/etc and looks good. Transmission and transfer controls are stiff, but I got both into N (I think). 16 miles down the road and nothing is hot. I crawled around at 20 - 30mph for a while and then got on I 70 and ran it at 50mph for a few miles.

Question - with transmission and transfer in N will the odometer rack up miles?

98G

Former SSG
Steel Soldiers Supporter
What kind of mileage do you figure you're getting both empty and loaded/towing?
Let me give you the full range of answers. With empty A2 trucks I've seen 8-12mpg. This one has been running about 10mpg cruising 60ish and the cargo cover is on.

Towing my 1 ton ram this one gets about 9mpg.

Towing your M109 with the A2 truck tractor I got 6-8mpg. That tractor got the worst mpg of any A2 I've driven, and also made the most power. I suspect someone turned the fuel up on it.

I anticipate 6-8 mpg towing the M925A1. I have not yet refueled so I don't know yet.

98G

Former SSG
Steel Soldiers Supporter
! ! ! ! !IT LIVES ! ! ! !

Batteries are flat dead and wiring for the slave receptacle had an undetected break rigjt at the lug. Probably why I got it so cheap.... "doesn't crank" was the notes the GP guys had on it..

I took the batteries out of my M923A2 and put them in the M925A1... cranked, and cranked, and then came to life....puked a bunch of nastiness out the exhaust stack.... all guages work.. abs works... transmission works... builds air...restarts at the first flip of the switch...

! ! ! ! IT LIVES ! ! ! !

m715mike

! ! ! ! !IT LIVES ! ! ! !

Batteries are flat dead and wiring for the slave receptacle had an undetected break rigjt at the lug. Probably why I got it so cheap.... "doesn't crank" was the notes the GP guys had on it..

I took the batteries out of my M923A2 and put them in the M925A1... cranked, and cranked, and then came to life....puked a bunch of nastiness out the exhaust stack.... all guages work.. abs works... transmission works... builds air...restarts at the first flip of the switch...

! ! ! ! IT LIVES ! ! ! !

That is awesome news! Congratulations on a huge score!

sed6

I don't know how you do it. You're gonna log what, 3000+ miles this trip? My 300 mile round trip last weekend to meet up with a fellow SS member kicked my ass. Drive safe.

Hey, I'm finally heading up to KS in the AM to pick up a spare for my 925.

lindsey97

While I was parked in the ft riley visitor pass parking lot my CTIS decided it was a traction impaired surface and took it upon itself to dump the air from all 6 tires.

It refused to air back up. So I'm crawling around on post at 20mph, bouncing, trying to coax the CTIS into reinflating the tires, pretty please....

Finally I gave up and screamed obscenities at it. My tires are now fully inflated.
apply BFH slowly and steadily until issue at hand is resolved.

98G

Former SSG
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I just couldn't resist. I unhooked the towbars and took the M925A1 for a drive. Filled it up and added some injector cleaner.

It started off kind of puny, but after 20 min or so it was running and shifting like I anticipate the NH250 to do.

The driver's side front wheel has a ctis weight on it (wtf?). The unbalance is notable above 50mph. Tomorrow I'm going to deflate the tire and remove the weight and see if that resolves the issue.

I proclaim this purchase a success. I got lucky.

Last edited:

CUCVLOVER

I just couldn't resist. I unhooked the towbars and took the M925A1 for a drive. Filled it up and added some injector cleaner.

It started off kind of puny, but after 20 min or so it was running and shifting like I anticipate the NH250 to do.

The driver's side front wheel has a ctis weight on it (wtf?). The unbalance is notable above 50mph. Tomorrow I'm going to deflate the tire and remove it and see if that resolves the issue.

I proclaim this purchase a success. I got lucky.
Glad it's running good.
Did you do a burnout?

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks