• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My Deuce, From Purchase to Present

JDToumanian

New tires are finally here! Alan at Berg Tire did not disappoint. After nearly a year, this project is finally coming to an end... I should be rolling by the middle of next week! More pics when I get the tires on.

Jon

Attachments

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
So have you made any further progress?

That picture of it on 6 jackstands with fresh paint is a strong motivator!

JDToumanian

Wow, I can't believe I never updated this thread! In my mind, it was done and current... Man, I think I'm losing it....

.... And I'm already gearing up to paint it again! Gillespie paint fades so fast, it's really quite disappointing. I'll be going with something different for paint this time around, and when I move next year I'm going to make sure I get a place with a metal building with a big roll-up door.... I'll bring this thread current as I'm also adding a winch and hard top....

here's pics from 2008 when I put the new tires on. I love the pic of tires in my living room....

Attachments

DieselBob

That is a sharp looking truck. My wife puts up with a lot from me, God bless her, but I would never have gotten away with stacking my tire in the living room.

and when I move next year I'm going to make sure I get a place with a metal building with a big roll-up door
I would just like to have the concrete pad.

Last edited:

dpsmith

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I agree with DieselBob. My wife gets mad when Big UPS Boxes show up. Tires in the house just ain't gonna happen. Great thread and good looking truck! Keep us updated with more pics of OD parts in the house!

MyothersanM1

19K M1 Armor Crewman
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Nice truck! I like the pic of the meats in the living room. My wife would have my @$$ for that. I like the items in the background to the right also...a railroad man's grip and lantern...which road??? Unruly & Pathetic or the Been Nothin' So Far??

JDToumanian

...a railroad man's grip and lantern...which road???
Yes, good catch.... I work for Uncle Warren. "Buffet Never Spends Foolishly" We're his personal train layout. Conductor since 12/99 and promoted engineer since 3/05. I get called out of San Bernardino to run to L.A., San Diego, Barstow, or Needles. You a railroader too? ....There's a bunch of us here.

Last edited:

Lifer

In Memorial
In Memorial
A lot of my family members used to work for the Chicago, Burlington and Quincy (CB&Q), which then went on to become Burlington Northern (BN) and ultimately the BNSF. Our translation of BNSF is Bigger Name, Same Freakin railroad.

MyothersanM1

19K M1 Armor Crewman
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes, good catch.... I work for Uncle Warren. "Buffet Never Spends Foolishly" We're his personal train layout. Conductor since 12/99 and promoted engineer since 3/05. I get called out of San Bernardino to run to L.A., San Diego, Barstow, or Needles. You a railroader too? ....There's a bunch of us here.

Was with Ole' Uncle Pete for a short while from 03-99 (06-99 conductors date) to late 2001. Worked LA to Yuma, LA to Yermo, Yard service in LA and West Colton. Went back to LA County...work was more steady.

I like your resto job on your Deuce. Looks very dignified in the Nam Era paint and markings. Kind of reminds of the Berlin Brigade equipment. Thanks for all the pics.

Be safe out on the High Iron.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks