• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My Deuce, From Purchase to Present

JDToumanian

Thanks guys! :beer:

But what is the thing covering the axle flange on the right rear?
Mechanical back-up bell. :cool:

I always liked hearing those as a kid and was disgusted the first time I heard a truck go "beep-beep-beep" instead of "ding-ding-ding"... When I had the soft top on the cab, I couldn't see through the milky plastic window, and was worried I would hit someone backing up. Remember that California has a disproportionately large number of idiots living here, and those idiots tend to be highly litigious. :roll:

Jon

Last edited:

ryker725

Very nice truck man... I am a fan of the woodland camo, but your paint job came out exceptionally well. I need to go with the hard top as well. Wish I can find one for cheap..

JDToumanian

Where did you get the bell?
eBay... I paid $60+ shipping for two identical ones, new old stock. Before I painted mine, it looked exactly like the one in the link you posted above. Mine are the 8" 4-hammer ones, and they came with mounting hardware.

Jon

Armada

Jon, your truck ROCKS! Vietnam era paint scheme is my favorite. What a GREAT job you did in bringing the truck back to it's former glory. You should be proud!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks