• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

multi fuel years and models

Section8

I am trying to find a list of the corresponding model and years of the multi fuel engines with their specs.
I have searched the site and read countless threads as to debates over one to the other and peoples preferences each one.
Most of the threads only refer to LDT vs LDS.
I would like to know each motors year of production and their corresponding specs as I am looking to purchase one and would like to make an informed decision for my needs.
The internet is another dead end. Seems these engines are to obscure for average everyday people to want to know of them to be bothered to find relevant info.
Also is there a way to differentiate one that was used in a 5 ton as to a deuce?
Looking forward to your posts.

red

There's the original 427-I don't know the details on it, came in the M35 (Correction A1)
LDT465-non turbo M35a1. Rated for 300ft/lbs of torque. (Correction A2)
LDS465-non turbo 5 ton
LDT465-M35a2C or D. Turbo added onto the engine. Rated for 135hp and 330ft/lbs of torque.
LDS465-5 ton with C, D, or a waste gated turbo. Torque ratings of 380-405ft/lbs of torque.

White, Continental, and Hurcules are the manufacturers, built to the same specifications. The year of manufacture doesn't seem to make a difference with power/performance.

Last edited:

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Original M35 had a gasser engine
M35A1 had the LD-427 or LDT-427
M35A2 had the LD-465 naturally aspirated or the LDT-465 (C or D turbo, C whistles, D produces more power by a little bit - more of a luck of the draw as to which)

5 ton series had the LDS-465, with about 50 more HP and more torque.
Some deuces wound up with LDS engines because the local maintenance facility had one in stock when they needed to swap out engines.

Section8

Thanks for all the info.
The lead to olive drab was excellent!
I still don't get how the LDS-465 in the 5 ton had 50 more horse power and how you can tell the difference from that beast to an average LDS-465?
Wish i had the ability to make a spread sheet to post with all the models and specs t o turn to a sticky for everyone have easy access to.

rustystud

Thanks for all the info.
The lead to olive drab was excellent!
I still don't get how the LDS-465 in the 5 ton had 50 more horse power and how you can tell the difference from that beast to an average LDS-465?
Wish i had the ability to make a spread sheet to post with all the models and specs t o turn to a sticky for everyone have easy access to.
Don't get everyone started up on this again ! :deadhorse: There are plenty of threads already talking about this.

Section8

Thanks Crusty,
The intent of the thread was to get a list of the different models of multi fuel engines and the years as to which they were made. Also their corresponding specs.
I was also looking to see if there was a way to identify if the engine was from a five ton.
As stated in the original post I have searched the forums and read countless threads and not found a specific list. Only an endless debate and banter over LDS vs LDT engines, plus people continued argument over which is better.
If the threads about this seemingly endless question bores or irritates you feel free to not respond negatively or have the moderators delete the thread.
Also if this post gets me banned so be it.
I am tired of people's negative and unhelpful posts on the site. I have personally spend hours and hours tryin to find information in other threads to end up or finding what I am looking for. Maybe it is to my countless variations I have tried using in the search to find the info I want, only to seemingly get it wrong, to have to make my own posts to try and get info and maybe make it easier for future people's searches.
Maybe a site clean up needs to be done or modification to the search function or something. I do not wish to read through every thread and post that comes up in the search that is irrelevant to my needs just because it may contain a key word from the search.

I guess my rant may be seem directed at you personally, however it is not. It is to all that post the endless dead horse or has been covered many times posts. For those of us that have searched the forums to no avail and had to ask our questions only to end up with posts such as this and told to keep looking. If your gonna post that #&*% don't bother and move on. Or if the thread title tells you enough that you will be annoyed DONT READ IT!

Some of us have searched and still need to ask.

Moderators feel free to do what you wish.

gringeltaube

Staff Member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
....I have searched the forums and read countless threads and not found a specific list. .........................................
........................................ .I have personally spend hours and hours tryin to find information in other threads to end up or finding what I am looking for. .............
..........................................Wish i had the ability to make a spread sheet to post with all the models and specs t o turn to a sticky for everyone have easy access to.
OK, here's my offer: send me all the data you already found... and I will make that spreadsheet for you.

Meanwhile I will digg-out some MF-history, hopefully something that hasn't been posted yet.

G.

Section8

Thank you for the offer Gringeltaube,
I don't know if I could cut and past the info from olive drab.com
I will see what I can do. Other wise I will be a bit making my notes to enter to post or pm.
Thank you Warthog again for the great link. Was more or less what I was looking for.
Great tips like that go a long way to helping lots of others.

jasonjc

I thought I saw a chart in a/the TM for the eng??? That list HP and troq.

Ok I found it. TM 9-2815-210-34-2-1 Table 1-3 Difference between models. This TM list all the stuff you could want to know, timing, fuel rates, 1 hole or 2 hole injectors. It all so as line drawings of the different models.

Last edited:

rustystud

Thanks Crusty,
The intent of the thread was to get a list of the different models of multi fuel engines and the years as to which they were made. Also their corresponding specs.
I was also looking to see if there was a way to identify if the engine was from a five ton.
As stated in the original post I have searched the forums and read countless threads and not found a specific list. Only an endless debate and banter over LDS vs LDT engines, plus people continued argument over which is better.
If the threads about this seemingly endless question bores or irritates you feel free to not respond negatively or have the moderators delete the thread.
Also if this post gets me banned so be it.
I am tired of people's negative and unhelpful posts on the site. I have personally spend hours and hours tryin to find information in other threads to end up or finding what I am looking for. Maybe it is to my countless variations I have tried using in the search to find the info I want, only to seemingly get it wrong, to have to make my own posts to try and get info and maybe make it easier for future people's searches.
Maybe a site clean up needs to be done or modification to the search function or something. I do not wish to read through every thread and post that comes up in the search that is irrelevant to my needs just because it may contain a key word from the search.

I guess my rant may be seem directed at you personally, however it is not. It is to all that post the endless dead horse or has been covered many times posts. For those of us that have searched the forums to no avail and had to ask our questions only to end up with posts such as this and told to keep looking. If your gonna post that #&*% don't bother and move on. Or if the thread title tells you enough that you will be annoyed DONT READ IT!

Some of us have searched and still need to ask.

Moderators feel free to do what you wish.

First off "crusty ? " Really ? I was being tongue in cheek with my dead horse statement not trying to tell you to "F*** off or anything. If you had been reading the forums lately you would have realized we had just come off another round of the eternal debate LDT vs LDS . So maybe you should take a breather before slamming someone. Especially since I have a lot of the information you need, but I'm in no mood now to really give a rip about what you want.
Crusty signing off .

V8srfun

This is exactly whi so many people hate the forums. Some not all of the more knowledgeable/ long time forum members get there heads all swollen because they answer a lot of questions. Now that these select few answer a lot of questions they get this attitude like they are better than the rest because they know more than the rest in one specific field. Then this elitist attitude starts to show when they feel inconvenienced for answering the same or similar questions more than once I personally find this attitude to be repulsive and unwanted in a environment when people are genuinely seeking help.

maybe next time you feel the impulse to poop on someone's thread because you want to look authoritative you could just answer the question or simply hit the back button.
Thank you. Have a nice day.

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
This is exactly whi so many people hate the forums. Some not all of the more knowledgeable/ long time forum members get there heads all swollen because they answer a lot of questions. Now that these select few answer a lot of questions they get this attitude like they are better than the rest because they know more than the rest in one specific field. Then this elitist attitude starts to show when they feel inconvenienced for answering the same or similar questions more than once I personally find this attitude to be repulsive and unwanted in a environment when people are genuinely seeking help.

maybe next time you feel the impulse to poop on someone's thread because you want to look authoritative you could just answer the question or simply hit the back button.
Thank you. Have a nice day.
Come back a year from now and read your own post and see if you feel the same way , in this year you will see hundreds and hundreds of threads started that would revel the answer simply by reading the -10 TM for whatever the question is about . The problem is their are too many people expect instant answers with no research on their own ( not stating that about this thread )
Also the reason many of these people who repeatedly answer questions take the time to read old threads just to learn . Some of these members have read every thread in the deuce forum ( Clinto , Rustystud ) come to mind . I know I regularly simply google a posted thread title and and provide the OP with a thread that has the answer they are looking for in it , but you usually have to past the first couple of posts . Providing instant answers doesn't really help anyone teaching them to search and how to use the TM's does . I reason older members get frustrated is a lot of post threads it is clear there was no effort on the OP's part to find the answers on their own ( again not directed at this thread). If your out in the boonies with no internet you better have basic knowledge of your truck when it breaks because in the boonies there are no instant answers.

V8srfun

It is all about ones prospective. Let's say you have 5 children each one 2years apart. After you teach the first 3 how to poop in the toilet and walk do you say to the youngest ones my knowledge is above you go learn from your siblings. No you take the same time and care to teach the youngest just as you did the oldest.

so if you do not want to help whi waste the time degrading people.

Section8

Rustystud, apologise (think I spelt that right) for pissing you off.
I do realize the was a recent thread about LDS vs LDT and read it.
I have read this thread and many others just like it.
This is what has prompted my search for a LIST of the the different multi fuels and their specs and years of production in order for me to make a more concise decision when I go to purchase a multi fuel engine.
Also for ease of future searches for the specific information.
Warthog was kind enough to post about Olive Drab which proved very helpful and had pretty much what I was looking for.
I apologise to most of the older members since I am relatively new here and not as informs as most. This I am rectifying as I read more and more posts.
I do however live in the boonies with only my somewhat smart phone for internet, which makes navigating the site and others very difficult.
I am still gathering the info I have found in order to post for easy access for other members so that maybe the search and debate and argue Crap can be minimized.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks