• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Tires for mutt

Lindsaym151

I would like to go with a more modern style tire tread.
Ive seen some cool treads on some euro mutts, does any one have any suggestions or leads as to where to start looking?
I appreciate any help
Lindsay:D:D:D:D

Lindsaym151

Thank you 1958,

What im looking for is a tread pattern more like you see on mwraps and deuce super singles.
I don't know what to call that pattern.

Flyingvan911

Check out the Michelin Commercial tires. I use them for the front tires on my vans. The '88 E-250 takes 216 85r16. The '08 E-150 takes 225 75r16. They are good tires.

How much did the Cooper tires cost?

gerrykan

Lindsaym151,
The Canadian M101 1/4-ton trailers used Michelin tires.
I don't think they currently use these trailers, so the tires are probably out of production.
Google Canadian M101 images to see the exact tread pattern, I can never remember which letters equate to which tread pattern.

Whiterabbit

Be prepared to cough up alot of $$$ for Mich XL's. I do believe they are out of production.
Look into Buckshot mudders, Kelly TSR MT, and other Bias ply tires from a commercial vehicle (big rig) tire shop. I got my 9x16 off road bias tires for the Rover for 89 bucks each from a big rig shop.
The guys selling parts out of the enclosed trailer at the Fl. event had a set of 4 nice new tires/rims for 400 bucks! Darn good price!

Lindsaym151

Thanks guys , Those Canadian tyres are exactly what I want !!!!!!
Now the search continues to find out designation, availability, and price!

Hey white rabbit! Rally this year is March 25-27

Whiterabbit

I'll come on down! You got to come to the Ga. rally this Oct!!!
Those are the Mich XL's, the Land Rover guys buy them up every time they show up for sale. My buddy in Tn. has been looking for a set for over 2 yrs.

Last edited:

Lindsaym151

Well on to plan B
Coker has a full set for 550.00, just not as cool!
Also going to call Mr deese in Ga to see what he has laying around!

Lindsaym151

Dear Mr Rabbit,
Likely not going to happen! Have a new job ! not working for myself.
Time off is hard to come by!
Working for the man , works both ways!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks