• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Information on replacing lines on my M1009

samsays

Going to be replacing all the fuel and brake lines in my m1009 looking to replace lines with stainless steel line with stainless steel fittings. Who have you guys used in the past that can make a good quality replacement line ?

samsays

Information on replacing line in my m1009

Fitz I used them before on my 1996 dodge cummins turbo truck order complete set of lines for truck.. First they send me lines for a GMC truck.. then got right after almost 2 weeks> The flex lines to the calipers had wrong fitting on both lines. I order stainless steel lines and they used steel fitting on the ends.. The transmission lines all so had the wrong fittings ..The bends were not the best too.. Put it his way i could have spent a lot less making my own

Last edited:

cucvrus

I agree. It is just as easy to make your own. Take your time and bend them out of coiled tubing with an inexpensive bender and you will get the same results. Most of the lines you are replacing are 30 years old. If the non stainless replacement ones last 15 years half as long as the original. The steel frame and body will have issue by then. I have a friend that wastes so much money on stainless steel bolts to bolt his CUCV together. They are stripped at times and weld themselves fast to the threads if he runs them in with an impact to quickly. I don't see the point. If the body and frame was stainless then maybe. but bolts and other parts stainless. In my opinion they are not worth the extra money. Screws stainless that is different.

sweetk30

have not finished redo yet or fill with fluids .

but I got classic tube kit for my k30 longbed . bare frame I started with and they fit good out of the box and look good also .

there in ny by buffalo . and there is around a 2week wait time. cant recall the guy I talked with tho ( wish I could ) he know the 73-87 gm trucks real good .

samsays

Guess you guys had better luck then i did with classic .. I order them for my 1996 cummins turbo dodge ram ordered complete set of lines for truck brakes lines, fuel lines,
and transmission lines. Several of the brake line had wrong fittings.. the steel branded lines lines to the caliper had a bad fitting. Transmission lines did not have right fitting..
My 12 year old grandson could have made better lines.. It might be me see i worked for united airlines for many years and started off in the hydraulic shop making lines Lol.

bigbird1

just put a classic tube set on a 05 chevy 1500, very nice and near perfect fit. even stainless fittings on the ends. I would use them in a heart beat. I also put every line in the same holder for the factory look. still took about 4 hours to put on, But most take 14 hrs to bend and install a complete set if you do it right.

samsays

Was not happy with the lines they made me for my dodge cummins turbo...wrong connectors, they used steel fitting on stainless steel lines.. half ass operation

Rvitko

I just replaced mine and I went with inline tube.com, they went in as well as they can. I set out to simply replaces the hoses and the rear was so seized a flare wrench rounded it and then I cross threaded the front passenger hose and just decided to do them all. I can highly recommend inline tube for the stainless lines.

Rvitko

Iirc my set was $185, for the stainless hoses I went with Russell only because I found them on ebay before I discovered inline tube, they are a great resource for clips and any thing else related as well.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks