• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M105 axle replacement

Farmitall

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Pictures were before it was completed. I added a frame member to that joint, 1/2" by 3" x 24" CR flat on the underside (on edge), tying the A to the outer tube frame that mounts the axles... so is more than only the butt joint.

I had added that part and a couple of cross members tacked in and went away on business. A friend that saw it under construction bought it while I was gone (it was not for sale but he needed it). He stressed that he would complete the weld out...which he did. He bought it to haul firewood out of his woods, finished welding it out and never once has complained of it failing.
Roger that! [thumbzup]

donkdonk

I have access to 17.5 wheels and heavy duty tires that have the same bolt pattern. I wonder if they would fit with the drums on?

tobyS

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have access to 17.5 wheels and heavy duty tires that have the same bolt pattern. I wonder if they would fit with the drums on?
Should....the 16.5 bolster wheels fit.

Note that the mounting face is not against the drum. I'll look for a photo. Sorry, this is an M35 hub but the M105 is similar, so the drum really isn't much of an issue except a really deep back space like the little budd above.

Attachments

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks