• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

GovPlanet Customer Service Wait Times

Jwade

Supporting Vendor
We have a new Customer service rep starting Wednesday and are still looking to hire another 2. I am sorry for the delays it is not always easy to find good help. We have not wanted to just put a warm body in here and then have to do this all over again in a few months. I know it has been frustrating... it has been for us as well. Once again sorry.

Jwade

Supporting Vendor
We have added a few but volume keeps increasing have 1 starting Nov 2nd and another one on the hook. Is there something I can help with?

Gunzy

You need to put a spot on your website to pay by credit card and increase the CC amount to $10K like GL. I spent 45 minute on the phone to pay a $205.02 bill on a trailer I won. Our time is worth something too.

Jwade

Supporting Vendor
We are working on that it is in our engineering/IT departments hands right now. Now raising it to 10k I'll throw the idea around.

fuzzytoaster

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I had the fun experience Tuesday of sitting in the quene for an hour old to be told the rep I needed to speak to left 10 minutes ago. Frustrating. I'm actually in quene now, started at 3rd and still at 3rd 22 minutes later. This is what I (comically) feel is going on on the other end. rofl

Attachments

Jwade

Supporting Vendor
I had the fun experience Tuesday of sitting in the quene for an hour old to be told the rep I needed to speak to left 10 minutes ago. Frustrating. I'm actually in quene now, started at 3rd and still at 3rd 22 minutes later. This is what I (comically) feel is going on on the other end. rofl
Yeah right now I wish I had a better answer other than they are all on the phone. We get some rather long winded customers...

Tornadogt

Update from my earlier post. Started at #6 and was on the phone with Kyle and paid my bill within 25mins.. Not to bad, and this was around 4:00 on auction day when I am sure they were getting hammered..

ProximityX

Thanks JWADE for helping...

JW (JWADE) has definitely helped. He moved my SF97 forms right along. And now, after almost 6 months, he's involved in helping refund my overpayment. Hard to believe that in just 10 days it will be 180 days since I overpaid. Now that JW is involved, I'm hoping they beat the 180-day mark. We shall see.

Cheers!
Dave

All, jwade with govplanet gets a plus 5 for helping along the EUC process, he got the column "EUC FILLED", (stuck for 3 weeks) turned to " EUC SENT". I'm hoping that govplanet's notifications are credible. Went to holding area (really rural redneck ghetto civilian tow facility) containing my HMMWV to check on my purchase, but was denied access to the vehicle. Hope this all works out, nervous that my 13k investment might not be in the same condition that it was when inspected and photographed in May of this year. I'm sure all is good, jwade was quick to help out, thanks buddy.

98G

Former SSG
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Anyone,

If and when EUC clears...in your experiences is the govplanet facility required to jump your 24volt monster to life and show that all specs match up with advertising? Chances are I've got alge growing in the tank at this point. Is the ironplanet guarantee worth a poop? Thanks for your insight.
There's no requirement that they slave it off, but they've always been helpful for me.

The guarantee really only covers major discrepancies from the description. Algae in the tank probably wouldn't provoke a response. I also believe there's a deductible...

auctionaddict

Call wait times are still Bull**** The amount of money you guys make you can hire some help !
Just on hold 20 minutes and your system cuts me off ??
Now to hold another ? minutes !!
aua

ProximityX

JW sure did help with my overpayment. Once he was involved, it was just a week before I received a check. I can't speak for all the people to GovPlanet but JWade seems to have a good handle on the process. Some investors status tools would sure help on the future purchases. Just knowing if something is still in process and not lost would be very helpful. How about an email every Monday? "Hey - we are working on your items below. We haven't forgotten about you!"

dp

Jwade

Supporting Vendor
Call wait times are still Bull**** The amount of money you guys make you can hire some help !
Just on hold 20 minutes and your system cuts me off ??
Now to hold another ? minutes !!
aua
The just go hire someone is a great idea working for a company that is no longer a small business it's usually a little more difficult than to just "go hire someone". We don't just hire a warm body to answer the phone. Our customer service analysts handle a lot of different types of questions and get yelled at, cussed at, and quite frankly verbally abused at least once a day. You can't just put anyone in that roll and expect them to last. We have hired 3 people in the last few months and are still looking for 1 more.

Our average hold time today on almost 1000 calls is right at the 5 minute mark. Not sure what happened here I apologize that it dropped you the system is not programmed to drop anyone. if you will PM me with what you are trying to get taken care of and your number I can probably get a Customer Service rep to call you.

Last edited:

Jwade

Supporting Vendor
JW sure did help with my overpayment. Once he was involved, it was just a week before I received a check. I can't speak for all the people to GovPlanet but JWade seems to have a good handle on the process. Some investors status tools would sure help on the future purchases. Just knowing if something is still in process and not lost would be very helpful. How about an email every Monday? "Hey - we are working on your items below. We haven't forgotten about you!"

dp
That's not a bad idea I will look into some automated emails. However, I will say its been an uphill battle to just get an actual "hey your EUC was approved this week email." from IT :deadhorse:

wheelspinner

Steel Soldiers Supporter
We are working on that it is in our engineering/IT departments hands right now. Now raising it to 10k I'll throw the idea around.
Did you get anywhere with the CC processing option yet? Seems that would be a LOT cheaper than hiring more people to just take CC payments. OR.......what about a payment number and a DIFFERENT general questions or scheduling number?

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks