• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1030B1 Is Hayes Diversified Still in business?

Humvee1538

I see a phone number listed as 760-947-3140 but it has been disconnected. Is the owner Fred still in California? I am doing research on the M1030 motorcycles and would like some information about them. I think someone said the company may have moved to Europe. Any help or leads would help. Thanks ahead of time.

Hummermark

Hi I have a m1030b1 petrol and the m1030m1 diesel Fred was very helpful with some parts I needed for the diesel a few years back but like you contact went dead e mail and phone.since been told all the production stopped and all the rights for the diesel sold to India I can not confirm this but it does look like they are gone?

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
After the Marines dropped the contract for the diesel bikes and motors , plus he tried to do a Quad which didn't make it also HDT closed up a couple of years ago.

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Even with two radiators it tended to over heat in the desert and at altitude. The military had a contractor take loads the gas M1030B1 apart to refurbish and install the M1 diesel in them. After the M1's started to be fielded and the problems came up it was canceled and the gas parts went through DRMO. That's how I got these 12.
crate bikes.jpg
It's hard to get a good number but seems like less than 350 ever made it to the Marines and they, as far as I know still have them. Some of our allies got some with their specs through their own contracts and a few MOD bikes were sold off in the UK a few years ago. Saw one of them on EBAY it was at 22K and think Hummermark was the seller.

Artillerydan

Steel Soldiers Supporter
There was a "machine / metal shop" in the same complex that made the rear rack for the 250, handle bar protectors, engine guard and other related bits. I have the info someplace but that was from 5 years ago. someone might try and run that down for making those parts and maybe some other info. Just some info to add

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks