• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Digital Camo Stencils...

archmark

Anybody have any experience using either the magnetic or mylar digital camo stencils for painting trucks that are available for purchase on the interweb?

I want to do a 3-color or 4-color digital camo job on my M934, using the existing 'sand' color for the base and then a darker beige and a brown to finish it off.

The manufacturer's videos and instructions look simple enough, but then the camera and/or pictures don't usually tell the whole story (or the truth!).

Thanks...

Mark

6x6guy

Ranchhopper did a digital pattern - from my understanding he used individual ( yellow note pads ) to do his pattern on his truck - but it was a lot of work.

shaferhund

Just finished painting my M101 in woodland MARPAT

I was really hoping to start a thread on the M101 I just finished rehabing but am not allowed? Anyway. I picked up the stencils from Acid Tactical as these were the closest to MARPAT I could find.
I used rustoleum (yep rattle can love) as I thing the paint and colors are superior except for the forest green.
Coyote: rustoleum nutmeg
Black: rusty camo black
Green: Krylon hunter green
Khaki: rusty camo khaki

While Aerove is better, I cannot afford it and it is not available. Anyway, all base coyote, the I took the lazy way and did khaki swirls as khaki should only be 10% of marpat with green and black as 30% each leaving coyote as the base 30%. As you can see, mine is far from perfect, but compared to faded woodland 1989 CARC, I can live with it. Was a real PITA. The bed was herculiner.

IMG_20180929_0914375.jpgIMG_20180928_0942397.jpgIMG_20180928_0942484.jpg
If anyone can hook me up with a M101 rebuild thread, I have a lot of info to condense. Thanks to all of you for helping me, particularly JuanPrado from Gnaw'lins.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks