• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

VIN # location on M939 series trucks

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hi,
I have a friend who is trying to get his M929 dump inspected in the State of Massachusetts. The DMV cop doing the inspecting insists that he cannot rely on any VIN # that can be removed (i.e., the VIN # data plate). Is the VIN # located elsewhere on the truck, for example on the left, front frame rail like it is on a deuce? Any other ideas?

Thanks!

Jones

I thought the left front frame rail was a pretty standard location. All MVs I've owned (so far) have one there. The biggest problem is often chiseling your way down through the layers of paint to find it as it isn't "centered on and 14.50 inches back from the frame rail end". Just kinda somewhere in that general area.

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks, JONES. I'll have him look. I have a few M939 series trucks at home I could look at, but I'm at work. Thanks, again.

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I was looking for a frame number with Winslow a while back. We checked both sides of the frame in the usual location and couldn't find anything.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks