• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

LME maintenance tent erection

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
WTB
Looking for a 8 foot extension assembly, a 16 foot extension or full assembly if anyone is selling :)

ps: a little rain never hurt anyone m73819
This from a wanta be weatherman who calls a monsoon "rain moving out"

swiss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
To return our thoughts back to our regular programming.

Yes it was raining yesterday. Yes we got wet but we got it done. The frame is complete and on the blocks.

Now for those of you wondering why the blocks? Note now that 2 large trucks will fit side by side!!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1441028224.152352.jpg

The tricky part was lifting the last frame in place. I actually had to get in tractor bucket to lift the last frame up while we put legs on and put on Legos.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1441037842.063135.jpg

As noted in earlier pics I could only get a 20 foot section of pipe so we had to build the first three sections, move around as necessary with wrecker/tractor and then add the last section

It actually went according to plan with a lot of swearing and on the fly adjustments at each step

Stand by for adding the covers, cool plan on that one

Last edited:

swiss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
P.s. Another reason for the height as you now have noted m73819 does not like to get wet and wanted extra height so we can do crane lifts under the cover and he not get wet.

glassk

tent.jpg

I have an 8 foot section of green fabric, might need some cleaning that you are welcome to , no transport cover though .
, I can drop it off at CAMO, if you want to look at it,

glassk

glassk that is skin section of the old school medium maintenance View attachment 578777 8340-00-951-6425
This is a vinyl material and may very well be for the round top frames, I did have about fifteen of the canvas ones that I know were for the older ones, I'll have to look and see if it laces together like the temper tents or has the hooks at bottom, I saw LME and thought I would toss it out there. It is just going to be thrown away if nobody wants it.

The canvas worked for the Barn we were working on, 30 ft x 8 ft for tarps,..

I bought most of this stuff back in 2004 to 2006, got two scissor lifts for $650.

Attachments

Last edited:

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. Take over to Camo please, I will get it from PB at some time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank You!
Keith (glassk) if you can get it over to me I can take it to the GA Rally next month for swiss or maybe he will be passing thru here sooner.:beer:

swiss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Okay typical barn not big enough :(. I have 7 feet behind vehicles. Adding on 16 more feet

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1441238567.192696.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1441238615.883615.jpg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks