• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Ferret owners..chime in here and give me some advice

davesgmc

the lower hull is pretty much the same
the only time you would see a difference is a mk 2/4, its got thicker armour on the lower hull,,,all over. thats what mine is.

I am goignto convert mine to a mk 1 eventually if I can find all the proper plates and rubber guards for the opening. I will keep the turret and put it back on later.

kcimb

davesgmc said:
the lower hull is pretty much the same
the only time you would see a difference is a mk 2/4, its got thicker armour on the lower hull,,,all over. thats what mine is.

I am goignto convert mine to a mk 1 eventually if I can find all the proper plates and rubber guards for the opening. I will keep the turret and put it back on later.
I wonder how much...I asked this question on Ferret heaven and found that the mk 2/3 had several more mm's of armor added in certain places, such as the rear and bottom that the mk1 did not. Mk 2/4 had even more added.

I haven't heard from the seller today, hopefully we're still good on the deal. Ferret looks good, missing a few exterior parts (That I can see).

Dave,

I beleive the ferret was drive to where it stands and then parked 2 or 3 years ago. If so, getting it running would entail dealing with either the:

1-Battery (dead)
2-Carburertor (stuck/dry)
3 fuel lines (clogged)
4 Fresh gasoline
5 Stuck starter

Anything else?

davesgmc

thats about it, maybe stuck brakes,,,just hope they didnt park it witht he parking bake on. I would plan on changing ALL fluids. FLUSH the break system completly. You will use probably about a gallon of fluid to get it completely flushed. use regualr dot 3 fluid, not the hard to find when you are broke down on a sunday out in the middle of no where silicon fluid. you can use alcohol to clean the system out ad DRY ar to help it evap out. then use lots and lots of fluid in the system. change engine oil, trans fluid, transfer case fluid, an inner and outer gear box fluids. you might even want to consider buying a 15 gallon drum of 80-90 for the hubs, gear boxes. the tras takes atf. leave the fluid flywheel alone if its full. consider purchasing a spin on filter adapto from Ian Wallace for the engine oil filter and change it every few hundred miles or so til it cleans all the gak out. definaltey plan on removing the acess plate under the fuel tank fittings, drain the tank, wash it outwith water, soap the hotter the water the better. use compressed air and blow the fuel lines out, take the screen out at the bajo fitting on the carb abd clean it also. to help dry the fuel tank of water fter its as clean as you can get it, leave the banjos out at the bottom, stuff a leak blower in it and let it run for as long as it takes to dry it out. do all of this before trying to start or move it, its well worth the time so you dont break or mess something else up. starter should be fine. oh, need to find out if its got a generator or an alternator. one uses engine oil for lube, and there is a fitting youneed to take loose and pour oil in before its started, otherwise you can burn it up. and replaceemnts arent cheap either. go ahead and buy two good batteries, i put two new good ones in when i bought mone, havent ahd to touch them in the past 3 years. I am sure there is much more i missed. Just clean everything, lube EVERYTHING and it should last you a long time.
GOOD LUCK.

post any questions you might have on ferret heaven. most of the guys are great.

You can also call me for any advice,,,,,no problem. I walked a guy through putting points in his as i was driving mone in a parade! I drove the whole parade while on the cell phone trying to get his points set up and working,,,and eventually he did.

913-219-3179 is my cell #, feel fr4ee to call, if I dont answer, leave a message and I will call you back as soon as I can.

kcimb

davesgmc said:
WOW! i went on for a bit huh?
Good enough for me to save it as a text file entitled "daves helpful hints for ferrets"!

I'm not picking up the ferret yet. It will be picked up probably mid-08 when I'm done with my training, provided the seller hasn't sold it by then. He said he wasn't in any hurry to sell it, so hopefuly it won't be.

The Tanks2go mk 2/3 ferret sold, by the way.

kcimb

I haven't heard from the seller in a week...I beleive he sold it to somebody else. Last I heard he said to hang on for pictures. :(

kcimb

I talked to the owner...it's still up for grabs :D

I just have to raise a few more k$ and it's mine.

Dave, I'll be paying you a visit sometime in the future :)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks