• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

GP vs GL, which do you like better

Do you prefer GL or GP?

• GL

Votes: 32 62.7%
  • GP

Votes: 19 37.3%

• Total voters

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I didn't take it as directed towards me. ;-)

You might not like my answer but I frequently (more as I get older) type all kinds of stuff and forget to send or screw it up somehow and then hit send. Not saying you did that but in my case it is always an option.

Scar59

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You might not like my answer but I frequently (more as I get older) type all kinds of stuff and forget to send or screw it up somehow and then hit send. Not saying you did that but in my case it is always an option.
phew..., I thought I was the only one that happened to..................

Last edited by a moderator:

Gunzy

When it comes to paperwork, SF97s and such, GL had their crap together and I never had any problems with them and got them very quick. GP on the other hand is taking far too long on SF97s(I'm now almost 8 weeks since close, no SF) and I have received them twice with the wrong S/Ns on them requiring me to return them and wait (again) for the replacement. The only upside to GP that I see is the descriptions and the volume of pictures which GL could easily do. I don't see any real advantage to the oil analysis.

HASSON1911

Gl, atleast with them there was a little chance of getting a truck stupidly cheap, not a reserve price on them, though i do like GP 5 min bidding.

86m1028

I didn't take it as directed towards me. ;-)

Ha ha ha ha ha ha
I resemble that remark.
Yes I'm guilty of that but in this case.

I can promise you I didn't type that response.
Im not that P.C.

Thanks SW for that possible explanation.

I did send it from a "smart" phone !!!

jake-cutter

I like Gov Planets website over GL. The overall process with GP seems easier and customer service on the phone seems good, but there are time delays. I will deal with some while they are getting everything started, but they need to address this soon. Some will remember the old days of GL when they took a long time. also, their Iron Clad guarantee actually worked for me and I am very glad they offer it.

98G

Former SSG
Steel Soldiers Supporter
With GL's $25 minimum bid there was always at least some chance of getting something ridiculously cheap. (And I did, once...) except now GL has reserves on items that are frequently higher than you could expect to get for the items at retail. (Winches and ammo cans come to mind as a couple of examples).

GP's truck prices seem lower, but that may just be the market trending down. The opening bids are usually at least slightly below the bottom end of reasonable, although sometimes I have to wonder who values a freshly rebuilt non running winch truck with super singles the same as a non running truck with no cab top, no winch, missing engine components, and shredded front tires.

GP charges quite a bit more for paperwork. With GL, take your final bid and add 20% and you'll estimate slightly high. With GP, on the lower cost items, the paperwork fees are a substantial portion of the total cost ($625 final bid on an M1101 = $914 invoice.)

GL made no real attempts to start nonrunners. GP seems to cover at least the obvious stuff to try to get them to run.

GL didn't guarantee the accuracy of the auction details, and stated that in person inspection is recommended. GP intends for their assessment and ad to be the basis for buying decisions and guarantees the accuracy. This leads to less risk, but also less chance to get something at far under market value...

GL'S bidding rules lend themselves to more creative ways to discourage other bidders. GP'S smaller active auction window leads to its own unique set of strategies....

im not personally experiencing the EUC fiasco, although that does reflect poorly on them....

Gunzy

Quote: GP's truck prices seem lower, but that may just be the market trending down. The opening bids are usually at least slightly below the bottom end of reasonable, although sometimes I have to wonder who values a freshly rebuilt non running winch truck with super singles the same as a non running truck with no cab top, no winch, missing engine components, and shredded front tires.
I don't see this. All the trucks and equipment that GP sells here in Utah are exceptionally high in closing compared to many other locations, especially back east. A couple examples would be HMMWVs that almost always excede $10-12K, an M923A2 that closed at $12500, and a power plant that closed at $13K. So CHEAP or a really good deal isn't happening out here. Yes, I can buy cheaper back east but then need to factor in transport costs. I see a lot of cheap trucks coming out of Kansas but they are in BAD shape and usually don't run either. JMO

99nouns

GL was corrupted, I have witness many time all the good stuff would sell for realy high price and then come back next week again, I dont know whi and how, some people were running the market there, either from outside or inside, they just kept bidding stuff until no one bid for it and kept cancelling it so got it cheap, in the process many people got ripped off, thats why GP prices are low, because if you bid, you bought it, but GL let some "regular customers" cancel bids, I seen people in Alabama got freakin enough green stuff to get their own war going. Yes you cant get lucky on GL for dirt cheap stuff any more, but GP kicked all the wolfs out... Thats why some people are upset. They had the mentality,, if you bid on my stuff than I make sure you pay whole lot.

Jakob1944

GL was corrupted, I have witness many time all the good stuff would sell for realy high price and then come back next week again, I dont know whi and how, some people were running the market there, either from outside or inside, they just kept bidding stuff until no one bid for it and kept cancelling it so got it cheap, in the process many people got ripped off, thats why GP prices are low, because if you bid, you bought it, but GL let some "regular customers" cancel bids, I seen people in Alabama got freakin enough green stuff to get their own war going. Yes you cant get lucky on GL for dirt cheap stuff any more, but GP kicked all the wolfs out... Thats why some people are upset. They had the mentality,, if you bid on my stuff than I make sure you pay whole lot.
Where I come from it's called walking the bid up

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=esEcwAWi6dk

rofl:nothingfunny:

tsmall07

I don't see how anyone could like GL better. There was almost no information about the truck on the site and it took me over a year to get the title. Looks like GP actually fixes some of the trucks to get them in shape to be transported home. I've seen several with notes written on the label that say the batteries were replaced for the brake fluid was topped off. Not to mention the videos of the engine running...

I also read a bunch of stories where people would go pick up their trucks from a GL auction and parts would be missing.

Last edited:

Hard Head

Steel Soldiers Supporter
GL is pretty dang sorry anymore! No customer service and they cannot even put a label on a shipment. Would you ever receive anything from Amazon that way? I have had numerous $75 labeling charges. I now find someone to pickup and label and then I get it picked up. GP will work with you more on discrepancies but I do not like their auction bidding process. Missing items from GL go no where. Even when you show them in the pics they say someone must have taken it when they picked their truck up. Nice! I wish someone else would take over both!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks