• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

wheel adapters

jrs44jimmy

Does anyone know of where I can get or have made wheel adapters for my 1944 CCKW , I have lots of 900/20s and would like to run them until I get a full set of 750/20s , I'm still gathering up stock rims and tires and still driving on old stocks . I drive her daily and would rather ware 900/20s (50.00 to 100.00) a peace and save my 750/20s for show and meets.any help would be greatly appreciated thanks

jrs44jimmy

??? The CCKW and M35 both use 6 hole Budd pattern?
Yes they do but the CCKW rims and tires are narrower (6in) , M35 with 900/20s are (8in) rim ,they won't fit inside rear on my CCKW they hit the springs, I need 1.5in adapters for them to fit , I drive almost daily and don't want to ware out my 750/20s they cost to much ,900/20s are cheap

Steve Greenberg

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hello,
The spacers on the rear DUKW axles are there to keep the wheels from hitting the brake drums. They are about 1 inch or so thick. They bolt onto the brake drum and the wheels bolts to the spacer. I will be over at my shop later today. I will take a photo of the spacer for you.
Steve

jrs44jimmy

Hello,
The spacers on the rear DUKW axles are there to keep the wheels from hitting the brake drums. They are about 1 inch or so thick. They bolt onto the brake drum and the wheels bolts to the spacer. I will be over at my shop later today. I will take a photo of the spacer for you.
Steve
Thank you Steve , It sounds like they might work,be interesting to see , Thanks

jrs44jimmy

I have some DUKW spacers too. did you try M135 wheels in a super single config?
The DUKW spacers will work , I would be interested in buying what you have , I think Steve has one , I would need 6 , I've been able to buy 4 new 750/20 NDT tires and have collected about 18 CCKW rims of witch halve or more are good (still dismounting and sand blasting )my name is Jeff my #is 541-684-4832 anytime thank you for your time.

Last edited:

SD T16

I am pretty sure my friends in the UK just put their 900/20's right on the cckw rims. They prefer the Armstrong brand for some reason. Never heard them talk of using any spacers. I could ask.

SD

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks