• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

GP Fort Bragg....great people to work with!

04mustang

The gp personnel at fort Bragg and cherry point, same people, have been very helpful to me in multiple transactions so far.
I've got 2 m1101 trailers from bragg. A m116a3 trailer from cherry point. And a m998 hmmwv from bragg.
Felix and the other guys that work at these sites have been nothing but helpful. On a couple of hmmwv's I was looking at didn't have oil analysis samples on them. I called him and he checked with the higher ups in the company and found that they had not posted the results to the item description and had slipped between the cracks. He didn't have to make those extra calls but he did and I ended up buying 1 of those trucks. He made a special trip to cherry point to help my dad pick up the m116a3 trailer as well.
Again, very helpful crew and would certainly recommend them!

seek

What's your secret? I call and leave messages to request a preview and they just don't return calls. Last week I called customer service and asked if there was another number no one answers or returns calls, no other number. They sent an email and I got a call, arranged to go and within 60 seconds my doctor phoned and insisted on seeing me at the time I had just committed. So I immediately called GL back and no one would pick up. 3 minutes tops. I left word and asked for another time...anytime..any day. I still have yet to hear. I guess I will call the main number again. I gotta get them to let me preview. Gosh I would bring coffee and donuts. I guess I will need to beg. Glad they work with others.

Jwade

Supporting Vendor
What's your secret? I call and leave messages to request a preview and they just don't return calls. Last week I called customer service and asked if there was another number no one answers or returns calls, no other number. They sent an email and I got a call, arranged to go and within 60 seconds my doctor phoned and insisted on seeing me at the time I had just committed. So I immediately called GL back and no one would pick up. 3 minutes tops. I left word and asked for another time...anytime..any day. I still have yet to hear. I guess I will call the main number again. I gotta get them to let me preview. Gosh I would bring coffee and donuts. I guess I will need to beg. Glad they work with others.
Are you talking about GP(GovPlanet) or GL. I see you referenced GL just checking to see if I need to get involved...

seek

Oops!

If you have any sway @ gl have at it. Sorry I hate to gunk up a thread. Honest mistake. The P musta confused my brain.

Last edited:

bikeman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
the GP Guys are great, and I work with them regularly, even though there's a few employees, as far as I know/understand, only one gets the phone calls (Felix). He's a great guy, but he's only one person and can get busy doing inspections and such. I've seen how much he has to work with and... whew!

As far as GL. There's one employee, and he does everything from load outs to inspections to phones and such. he works in the DRMO/DLA Dispo office, but is often in the warehouse. it wouldn't surprise me that you can't reach him a few minutes after, and no one else in the office will pick up his line since he's a contractor for GL vs. contractor/civ for DLA.

Doug Roberts

Felix is a great guy. He'll seriously reach out to help , but I have seen him overwhelmed. If I'm picking up at GL I try to call to preview GP and I haven't had much luck in trying to do that.

drivebymashing

Felix helped me hook up my m105a2 at camp lejenue . Helped hook up magnetic tow lights and everything. Really nice guy. I almost want to buy another trailer because he is so good to deal with.

Landbarger

Haven't dealt with Felix, but he sounds just like the other GP site managers. They are good people!
Agreed. I can highly endorse the GP guys at Portsmouth, VA. Easy to contact and easy to work with. Very helpful getting you hooked up/loaded and much nicer to work with than the GL rep at the same location.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks